Who was First US State to Pass Medical Marijuana??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LowRider

Reaction score
I'm having confusion on this issue. i want to say Oregon but Cali keeps popping in my head. i mean i know you can grow in Oregon with a card but in Cali you can actually go to a store and get it. So was/is Cali only first with medical dispensaries and Organ actually passed the first Medical law? i think i want to say Cali just cause they had the dispensaries first. I hope i didn't confuse anyone here.

excuse me, ya saying I can move to oregon and grow there with card? or buy weed in vendor machine in calf?

Oregon was first to decriminalize posetion(sp) of less than an oz., then Alaska made it legal with limits (something like 3 plants and 1lb dry)then took it away. Not sure about first for medical use though, pretty sure it was oregon or california.
puff

clapping clapping, good work keep going, we gotta spread this news!! and put stop for taking us to slammer for just being a farmer, or smoke it

i pray NC will be reform by 2009 (growls)

which one of state is better for me? I would like to grow, and smoke at home and that about it, I grow one a time a day like 3 to 5 of them one a time. depend where I am, its hard to get in canada

Do you ever think it will be legal in the UK?

papabeach1 said:
which one of state is better for me? I would like to grow, and smoke at home and that about it, I grow one a time a day like 3 to 5 of them one a time. depend where I am, its hard to get in canada

California is has my vote, already from wat im hearing we have it best here. I have a medical marijuana card here in cali and it allows me to have up to 8oz. on me at one time and 24 plants legaly. I love the Bay Area.

California was the first state to pass a Medical Marijuana Law. Here are some other ones.

First Federal Ban on Marijuana in the US: 1937
First State to Allow Patients to Posses and Grow Marijuana: Hawaii
First Medical Marijuana Dispensary in the US: San Francisco
First State to Pass Medical Marijuana Legislation Over a Governor's Veto: Rhode Island

Latest posts

Back