why do my plants look crap after 18 hours

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smeg

Reaction score
but fine in the morning
hi guys

so can anyone tell what im doing wrong here 08112009494.jpg

ive started a new hydro grow , so there in large rockwool cubes , 600w , nutes reading 1.2-1.4 . PH is fine

when the light first come on they look great , all stood for attention . buy the time the light goes off , they look like been thou a war

there getting water 3 a day for about ten mins

the only thing a can think off is there getting to hot ..... the 2 temp guage at the bottom of the plants are reading 27-29c . ive noticed twisted leaves too
thanks for any advice guys

Hello Smeg :)

Twisting leaves is a sure sign to re check the PH.

What are you using to test the PH?

:peace:

yea , im using a electronic ph tester . the water in the trays is 6.5 atm ,starts of at about 5.8 ish , ill check the calibration on it . but its been very relieable .

the people i know that use rockwool cubes flood 1-2 times a day.... usually once for 6" blocks and twice for 4" blocks....

if your ph is in check, it could be your irrigation cycle....

i'd also back off a touch on the nutes....

and try to move your temp gauge to the top of plants if you can.... better and more accurate readings that way.... it can 95F at the top and 75F at the bottom otherwise....

thanks for the replys guys....... i really miss that button .

ok ill lower my ph and i cannove the temp thing up ....... ill report back

funny you metion 4 and 6" cubes ..... cause ive been thinking abiut that ....
i have 4 trays....
2 with jack flash in - 4" cubes .....they seem to be doing better than the WW
2 with white widow 6" cubes.......only getting twisted leaves the the WW . i looked in the tray( very hard cause its kinda sealed) and i noticed that the botton 10-15mm of the cube are wet with roots comin thro , but very little had took to the root matting .

ughhh if they look good in the mornin and the leaves arent oo damamged its ok.

Not to say that you dont have a ph issue, but all mj plants do the rise and fall thing. They get happy in the mornini when they are waking up and kinda relax and droop a bit when its time to go to sleep. HUmans do the same thing yo

twisting of the leaves though........ that is an issue

definately lower the nutes on the WW.... i'm growing it right now, along with a lot of others, and i've noticed a lot feeding at half strength.... me being one of them.... if i feed full strength i very quickly get nute burn and odd growth....

Latest posts

Back