Why does it always seem to taste the same?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krazycraker

Reaction score
Greetings all, first of all let me clear im not a proffesional by any means when it comes to growing. But I have grown a few plants pretty succesfully, and i have tried in different ways as far as type of soil, type of lights, always have been bag seed though but not the same bag. Anyway it seems evey time I have grown These plants they always taste the same, not that im complaining i like that home grown tatse, just curious as to why my homegrown taste different than the bag of weed it came from. Just wondering
:icon_smile:

I would have to say that the problem is in the cure

it most likely tastes better? most likely because you are taking care of the handling after it's cut down.

I have the best answer for you mate.....

buy a pack of seeds from attitude here, and stop buying weed with seeds in it....

this way you can PICK whatever taste you want!

krazycraker said:
Greetings all, first of all let me clear im not a proffesional by any means when it comes to growing. But I have grown a few plants pretty succesfully, and i have tried in different ways as far as type of soil, type of lights, always have been bag seed though but not the same bag. Anyway it seems evey time I have grown These plants they always taste the same, not that im complaining i like that home grown tatse, just curious as to why my homegrown taste different than the bag of weed it came from. Just wondering
:icon_smile:

We would need to know far more about your grows to help you. I'm with Coloradodream on the seed thing. Part of the trouble with bagseed is that you really generally have no idea where the pollen that created the seed came from--could have selfed or could have been pollinated by ditch weed. Growing out bagseed is always a crap shoot. I also agree that you may be harvesting too early and/or not drying and curing correctly.

I don't really know what you mean by "homegrown taste"--there is no reason that bud grown at home should taste any different than bud grow elsewhere.

i dont think my problem is harvesting, i know when to cut them down and i think ive gotten pretty good at that, i like to take them down a little early to get that good body buzz. what is the proper way to cure, i left them hanging in a closet for a few days, then straight to a mason jar were i would turn them evry day. but how long do they need to cure. i have a bag that a friend grew that turned out the same way( taste ) its been in a bag for almost a year, kinda forgot about it. how will that taste after curing for almost a year?

Latest posts

Back