why dos everyone not reccommend miracle grow?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boardercross91

Reaction score
just wondering why everyone does not reccommend miracle grow fertilizers? on my last grow, i used the soild, worried about using the ferts they had might kill my plants and what not, and from what i've heard people have had good exsperiences, and others have had bad exsperiences with it, so whats the scoop?

as of now, i have 4 young plants, all seeds came from the same bag, and were germinated the same way and in the same soil. i had some miracle grow pour and feed lying around and decided ill test it on one plant and compare, too bad my digital cam is broken, but ill keep you guys posted.

I have a friend who used pour and grow with good success.

people dont recommend it to new growers usually and even some expierienced growers are still afraid to touch it, just because it already has time released nutes in it and you basically have no control as to when the soil is feeding your plants and that can cause nuteburn and all kinds of things to go wrong, but ive learned if your gonna go mg the easiest way from what friends have told and works good is to go with the organic mg ;)

I think he's talking about Miracle-Gro nutes not Miracle-Gro soil LG. ;)

oh well then dont i just feel lke the stupid one here hahahahahahahah oh well im stoned to the bone so just excuse it and idk never used the nutes or known anyone sorry :(

I have seen where a person wants to blame something for a mishap. Certainly this person could not have over done it so it must of been those nute balls in the soil or the "salts" in the green crystals.

Many people have success with it indoors and outdoors, with other plants too. My SIL uses it her outdoor garden every year. Use as recommended and I would expect your plant to grow healthy.

I tend to use MG ferts outdoors a lot,
I treat it like I would if it were that powerful liquid fish emulsion that comes out of Alaska. That liquid fish emulsion can burn paint right off your house, LOL
Go real easy with the stuff at first just to see what will happen, and I have never used it full strength. Fairly strong stuff. I advice going 1/4 of the recommended dosage, and build from there. Do your home work so you understand the number coding, then go easy. Good luck bro, and do keep us up to date on how your doing. Easy does it is the ticket.

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

well i dont think its a bad thing if you have no other choice. i just dont like how easy it is for a novice to harm plants with them, and that they are non organic. i say if you do wanna try them, to be easy with the dosing, starting out at 1/4 strength than recommended on the bottle when the plants need the food, not before.

i would steer clear if you can get ahold of quality organic ferts.

I am doing my first grow. I am on a budget, and availability is a factor so i am useing organic mg i got mg nursery nutes 20-20-20 for veg and getting the bloom nutes for flowering. will make a post soon with pics. they have just broke soil so in a couple days i will make a thread and keep everyone posted on my results with my mg grow.

Remember not to feed for at least 20 but 30 recommended days. Don't want to burn your babies.

I use the MG soils but not the nutes, i mix my soil 50-50 with just reg top soil and add some perlite to it. IMO you wont want to put the seedlings in the MG to start off with they will burn but grow. Id go with the plain top soil for the seedlings for a 2 weeks of good growth then transplant them into the MG organic. As for any added nutes when using an MG line of soil i dont recomend it till time to flower then go with something like a 5-10-10 or a 10-20-20, this will give the platn a bit of time to use up the extra nutes MG puts in their soils to begin with and lower the risk of burning the plant early on.

ok, update. it hasnt been veryy long, but from what i can see so far, there no harm, only good is coming from it. i used 1/2 the dosage it says, but it seems to be working great. now when i first poured this stuff in the pot, the seedling where just starting to develop there first node. the one plant i gave the mg to, has already developed its second node while the other 3 plants are still finishing there 1st node. i one of the other 3 plants was not fed miracle grow, but it is drooping badly, so im pulling a transplant on all 3 of the seedlings(they are all in same pot as of now, dont know why i put 3 seeds in that pot) and using miracle grow on the one plant not doing so well. also, sorry about the bad typing, i have a broken hand which makes it a lil tough.

Well if your a newb or whatever you want to call it (like me) then i dont see whats wrong with using it because if it does kill your plants the its a learning experince ;)

I use MG all purpose and so far its done me good but dont give full amount.

yea anyone who uses it should be fine but like with anything, everything in moderation ;)

If using soil watch out for nute lock. Moderation is the key yes, but your grow will not be organic:rolleyes: and may(will) have a harsh taste, to people like me, or most conniseours. I have a friend who grew with it (MG) one time and no one would get any more after their first batch.It was chest burning harsh. Not the good chest burn either. Sometimes you can taste the miracle grow or other (chemicals) in the buds you grow. I stay organic all the way and everybody begs for my buds! They taste great! Like earthy buds suppose to taste! Don't use chemicals in my opinion:cool: Good luck with your gro bro!:D

Latest posts

Back