why not, Chemdog IXIII and Reserva Privada OG Kush, enjoy..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tds: 900ppm @.7
ph: 5.6
RH: 60%
temps 76F

IMG_3217.JPG

IMG_3216.jpg

MindzEye said:
Hmmm Always wondered about these "OG Kush" strains from seed...

Subscribed

S1's, whats to wonder if they are from a legit cut right???

Relentless999 said:
looks great man. may i ask y u downgraded?

this is just a test run of some chemdog im doing to see where my breeding trials will take me. Im trying for the best genetics i can find.

Ill be firing up the 1000w'er in a few weeks, gonna do another bubblicious run with some northern lights. Both great strains from nirvana and especially the bubblicious, you should check it, a few different phenos, all bomb.

looking nice & green man, good job. although i have to admit im not very impressed with all the hype of fast vegetative growth in hydro, maybe swim just prefers his simple organic soil less mixes.

42Sm0kinCâli_or_MYOWN said:
looking nice & green man, good job. although i have to admit im not very impressed with all the hype of fast vegetative growth in hydro, maybe swim just prefers his simple organic soil less mixes.

hype? yeah, definately no hype there, ive grown in soil and buddy i tell ya what, you can keep it.

Not saying soil is any better or worse, just a pain in the butt, since ive gone hydro life couldnt be any easier.

JBonez said:
hype? yeah, definately no hype there, ive grown in soil and buddy i tell ya what, you can keep it.

Not saying soil is any better or worse, just a pain in the butt, since ive gone hydro life couldnt be any easier.[/quote

you can keep your expensive hydroponic kit SWIM will stick with organic soilless mixes. & buddy you got some more reading to do on growing in soil,

Potting Soil:The potting soil or media in which a plant grows must be of good quality. It should be porous for root aeration and drainage but also capable of water and nutrient retention.

Soilless mix: A potting medium that contains peat, usually perlite or vermiculite and sometimes fertilizer, but no soil.

seems to me swim is growing passive hydroponics just without any moving parts, or expensive high tech gear.

Some like soil and some like hydro. Everybody can have their own preferance.

MindzEye said:
OK nvrmind I wont wonder then...

Unsubscribed

????

According to Swerve, RP has a legit cut, no reason these dont have a fair shot at being dank i would assume.

42Sm0kinCâli_or_MYOWN said:
JBonez said:

Not saying soil is any better or worse, just a pain in the butt, since ive gone hydro life couldnt be any easier.[/quote

you can keep your expensive hydroponic kit

expensive?? Funny, the money ive saved not spending 30.00 a bag on FF has more than paid for what equipment i have, lol.

for 60 bucks i could buy a kiddy pool, rubbermaid reservoir, pump and tubing. Thats cheaper than two bags of FF, hydro isnt more expensive, your reading into the "hype" a little too much.

I like watching my plants grow, they water themselves and the best ive done so far is in water, no guess work as the plant takes what it wants when it wants.

Kinda the reason one goes to hydro.

Dont get me wrong, im positively sure that an organic grown bud would taste better, but the "better" is neglible, wouldnt you agree??? Or do you have any hydro experience prey tell????

Sounds like youve never given it a try, heres a hydro bud, but im sure you wouldnt wanna smoke it right??

Maybe give it a try, all i ever did was grow in soil, it was fine, but i like yielding more and putting less stress on my plants, not to mention, i dont have to lift a finger in between res swaps and that takes 20 minutes every 2 weeks, sorry, soil is mathematically defunct when it comes to growing (anything) but to each his own.

yeah yeah, the tarpins or whatever, Not convinced and i have experience with both.

i will say one thing we can agree on, soil is much more complicated than hydro, anyone who disagrees quite literally doesnt have a clue.

ps, i just did two different skunk1 grows, all from the same mom, one in soil, and then hydro when i converted.

Honestly, i couldnt tell a damn difference in quality, just yielded more with hydro, flushing is easy too, no nutes for the last week.

IMG_2882.jpg

Hey J, Not trying to highjack but have you tried or been reading up on any organics for hydro grows?

Green Mojo

be safe :peace:

ozzydiodude said:
Hey J, Not trying to highjack but have you tried or been reading up on any organics for hydro grows?

Green Mojo

be safe :peace:

actually yeah, im gonna try the lucas formula with GH's new organic lineup, or finish off my PBP and calmag.

Any suggestions??? So far GH flora has been the best nutrient to work with to date for me, plus an autistic child could run my setup, and i dont have anything against autistic children (except on thursdays).

tds: 900ppm
ph: 5.7
temps 79.2F
RH 59%

Gonna take cuttnigs in a few days.

IMG_3225.JPG

Starting to get bushy in there. How long are planning to veg for? I wish I had your luck with hydro J. Ive tried DWC three times and I am horrible at it. Personally soil is easier for me. Just water once a week and Im good.

No J, I don't have a suggestion just doing some thinking about DWC and organic as next experment with the CFL til I start the HID's back up. Been in the dirt so long it's hard to teach this ol'dog a new trick. :peace: and Green Mojo to you.

maineharvest said:
Starting to get bushy in there. How long are planning to veg for? I wish I had your luck with hydro J. Ive tried DWC three times and I am horrible at it. Personally soil is easier for me. Just water once a week and Im good.

the problem you had was dwc. I read. I read alot. I read damn near every thread in every marijuana forum regarding hydro/breeding/strains/ , stuff im getting into.

Doing away with hanging out in newb areas helping as much, mainly because im looking into advanced cultivation and techniques.

Wanna here my take?

I am anti DWC unless you KNOW what you are doing.

I would say 30% of all dwc users do not understand how crucial the oxygen content in the water is.

Its kinda hard to keep your pot 10-15 degrees cooler than the environment the plant is in, since the plant sits in its res directly.

Root rot/slimy roots, again, just based on my own anecdotal research, something that seems prevalent in dwc, as well as other systems where roots have alot of contact with water, nft, and such.

Pain in the butt, again, doesnt have to be, but needs a little ingenuity to drain and fill w/o moving the plant/res.

IMO, could i run DWC successfully first try??? Absolutely!!!!!

Wanna know why i dont???

Because Ebb&Flow is so unbelievably, simply, timesaving, stable, easy (honestly) that i could not possibly imagine ever growing any other way.

Res temps do not need to be chilled, Root rot while possible still, is unlikely if you flood correctly. (flooding correctly is forgiving)

Plants take what they want, when they want, period.

Lucas formula is perfect. Perfect. Follow it and you will have healthy plants from start to finish.

Ph. This is important. Every Fresh res change should be ph'd to 5.3-5.6 initially. If it doesnt rise naturally, raise the ph every few days one point.
dont exceed 6.0 over the course of about 10-14 days or the time between the next res change. Now, ive read that if your res is at 6.0 and you swap the res and the same day they bathe in the fresh 5.5 solution, that stress can occur as a result of the ph differences. I do not see any physical stress due to the difference in ph, so take my word for it, it wont matter.

Reservoir size. The bigger the better. For a 1000w light, i use a 40g res.
For my 400w tent, i use a rubbermaid 27g res, overkill but if you use a big enough res, You shouldnt have to touch anything between res swaps, no adding back, no topping off. The only thing you would have to do is adjust ph if yours doesnt rise naturally. Going through the ranges lets different nutrients become available, giving a wide array of essential nutrients and making them available.

Topping off/adding back- I have yet to experience radical ppm shifts as the reservoir gets lower. If you notice any plants becoming burned or deficient, then check the tds/ppm and adjust accordingly, but again, i never have to do this. The plants usually use the water/nutrients in a pretty even proportion, but a fresh res swap every few weeks is needed to replenish those nutes used more than othes. Putting the nutrient proportions back to default, which is perfect with the lucas formula, again perfect.

If you buy everything prefab its expensive, but the initial investment is worth it. Pumps can be cleaned and have yet to have one fail.
Hydroton can be pricey, but again, to have this ease and simplicity and success, means a little bit of investing after each harvest, tune ups if you will.

Ro water, i attribute alot of having a stable reservoir to RO water. Essentially you have entire control of what the plant has available, and how much. You know chlorinates are eliminated, and different nutrients at proportions you dont know are eliminated, giving you a "base" to begin adding nutrients at the levels you decide.

Ventilation, this goes for any kind of growing, no such thing as too much.
I run plenty of air through my lights and my tents. Plug in thermostats kick on exhaust fans to keep temps in the desired range automatically. This only works if the room or house temp is kept to 70 ish +/- a few, obviously the cooler the better.

Ebb&Flow uses a separate Reservoir, unlike dwc, so changes can be made with out affecting the roots. Plants are technically still pretty mobile.

Flood tables, awesome. Get a 3x3 flood table and 600w light and your cookin. Flood tables usually take up a good square area so fitting alot of plants snug is easy, great for sog.

seems like alot to go through, but if i can type that from what i know then anyone can.

Ebb&flow would make you love hydro again, and i mean love it!

Believe it or not, i found soil the most unpredictable finicky way to grow to date, but i didnt stick with it to perfect it, E&F is just too easy.

ozzydiodude said:
No J, I don't have a suggestion just doing some thinking about DWC and organic as next experment with the CFL til I start the HID's back up. Been in the dirt so long it's hard to teach this ol'dog a new trick. :peace: and Green Mojo to you.

read the post above, sometimes you gotta just go for it, especially if it makes life easier!

Nice Grow JBonez...

I hope you get many a dank phenos out of this run! :eek:

This whole "hydro" vs "soil" is such a joke... We aren't cheering for football teams, gang... imho it ALL works and one method of growing bud is not any 'better' than the other. It comes down to different strokes for different folks. One man's bane is another man's utopia... I'm with MaineHarvest and Ozzydio on this but there are just as many who can't stand to get dirt under their fingernails...

I started with 8 years in hydro... Ebb n flow, NFT, Aeroponics, Drip, DWC, hempy, you name it... Then 2 years in transition doing 50/50 hydro/soil with all my vegging in hydro... & the last 7 years in soil exclusively. For the last few months I've been running Subcool's Supersoil mix and you wanna talk EASY? I spend no longer mixing up my Subsoil than it used to take to rinse my hydroton (god I hate that shanizzle... OUCH! :eek: I hate to step on them barefoot!). And all I have to do when I use Subsoil is give my girls water... NO ppm or ph meters... And IME I'm geting the dankest buds that have ever come out of my closet... Whatever works for YOU... Keep it workin'!;)

Hydro ON!:cool:

jbonze, your success is directly related to your methodical preparation and learning as much as possible and then applying that knowledge.

it seems that most people dont want to put the time in to learn about growing mediums, nutes, and basic plant biology.

have you ran across OBBT thread at mjp? its in the organic hydro section.

DOS, my Subcool soil mix has been cooking and im using it this round and its easy to mix and reusable, just put in compost bin.

Latest posts

Back