will hermie pollen from a previous grow pollenate a new grow?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noobiewithadoobie

OBL - Official Bong Lover
Reaction score
My last crop turned hermie on me and were full of seeds. I had wiped down the walls with water and a rag after I harvested them but I am worried my new girls which are in flower as of a few days ago will be pollenated. Does anyone know if there is a still a little trace pollen left over, that I missed, will pollenate the new girls?

How long has it been since you cleaned the room? I think it will be fine..you sound like someone that was very therou in your cleaning...way i sugest even more misting if you are concerned..Mist the walls and floor..lol. water kills pollen..Good luck :bolt::bong:

4u2sm0ke said:
How long has it been since you cleaned the room? I think it will be fine..you sound like someone that was very therou in your cleaning...way i sugest even more misting if you are concerned..Mist the walls and floor..lol. water kills pollen..Good luck :bolt::bong:

lier does it really lol

In retrospect, I would have used a bleach solution on the walls but I honestly thought it may have just been very light dust from the constant airflow through the cabinet which is in an outbuilding. I realize that water probably did not kill the pollen but wanted to see if any I missed can still pollenate or if it loses any potency after being in a cabinet for over week or two with nothing in it. I am not sure if you are being sarcastic or not so please give a newbie an honest answer so I can remedy the situation if needed before it is too late. Thanks for the replies.

noobiewithadoobie said:
In retrospect, I would have used a bleach solution on the walls but I honestly thought it may have just been very light dust from the constant airflow through the cabinet which is in an outbuilding. I realize that water probably did not kill the pollen but wanted to see if any I missed can still pollenate or if it loses any potency after being in a cabinet for over week or two with nothing in it. I am not sure if you are being sarcastic or not so please give a newbie an honest answer so I can remedy the situation if needed before it is too late. Thanks for the replies.

Water will kill pollen. But if you missed any it will pollenate your females.
Ive had this very thing happen to me.

i had a plant that had about 30-50 seeds in a couple buds.still do not really know how it happened.no sign of hermie.she was a clone from a clone and was in with 3 other ladies and the 3 never got pollenated.but i did wipe the area down with bleach water after the harvest.

andy52 said:
i had a plant that had about 30-50 seeds in a couple buds.still do not really know how it happened.no sign of hermie.she was a clone from a clone and was in with 3 other ladies and the 3 never got pollenated.but i did wipe the area down with bleach water after the harvest.
how long will hermie pollen stay active in your growing area?

Latest posts

Back