Would it work?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

Peter23

Hello everyone, I'm a person whos always trying to think of new ideas (sorry if some are dumb) but does anyone think it would have a different out come if i was to grow upside down? with a pot and soil with only a small whole for the stem? and maybe water it from the top to pass through the roots? idk maybe its impossible but what do you think?:p

it should work its been done before on here i think ,,,,just cannot remember who and what thread it was on ,,and people grow toms upside down :p

good luck :48:

probably trying to accomplish the same thing as when you hang upside down to dry JMO.

oh you meen put the plant upside down...I was going to say growing upside down..the blood would rush to head to fast and mess up your High..and there is a thread on growing plants sideways..why someone would wnt to do this is be-on me..I have a hard enough time growing them straight up..

I saw this video on the high times web site about a new grow light set.. They called it revolutionary :D
They had plants turning around a light that was in the middle... Like the planets spinning around the sun... They said it saves a lot of space and plants grow stronger fighting gravity... It was really expensive though... Like everything else that gets on High times...

haha well.. i start a grow journal about it soon. I'm no pro but down for trying something different. haha

I think I saw something like this on tv for tomatos. Seemed like way more trouble than it was worth...but an interesting novelty nonetheless. I think the watering part was the challenge.... since the roots in that position tend to dry out, and the stalk can get waterlogged.

Give it a try and see what happens. Plants in a bonsai wheel spend 25 % of their time upside down and 50% of it sideways.

maybe gravity helps the plant grow if the light is underneath.

i've grown tomatos like that, wasn't impressed. very slow growth for the first month or more then it put out alot but they were very small compared to the ones grown in the ground. jme

Dub_j said:
maybe gravity helps the plant grow if the light is underneath.

thats brilliant, seriously. im not gonna do it but it seems to make sense.

lol it would be like a vertical grow but on its side. Hang some plants above your tubs or pots and take off the reflector lol.

Put them in a hanging basket and train the branches to hang down. They should grow toward the light if it's under the plant.

Haha once i get the seeds and some motivation i will be right on that grow journal.. Interested to see the results! :)

Latest posts

Back