would you rather

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmd420

SUPERBABY
Reaction score
Always show up 20 late for everything

or

always show up 90 minutes early?

:)

I am cursed with always being RIGHT ON TIME. Never early... and very rarely late.... so that's a tough one to answer what I'd RATHER do Superbaby... When I lived in LA I was freelance and would get booked for work all over town and I NEVER knew how long it would take me from my pad in West LA to get to my gig, always in a different corner of the sprawl that is LA... SO.... I had to always go a good hour or so early and hang in in a coffee shop or bookstore and read the paper rather than be late and have my clients waiting on me. If it comes down to work I'd go with the 90 minutes early... Unless NO one cares if you're 20 min late....:p

I go with 20 min late that way I see who is there and decide if I really wan't to be there.

Just so it's out there..I'd rather be 20 mins late..I love my time..simple as that and I'd go crazy if I lost 90 mins every time I had to be somewhere...

but then the fact that I have little ones makes being late out of the question sometimes..period..

I guess I'd have to choose the 90 min early thing..

I like to be timely and respectful of others' time. But 90 minutes early? I only do that for airports.

Hmmmm. I guess it depends on what it is for and if everyone had to wait for me to show up or not.

I'd rather be early..I can always smoke..or read..I wish I had that kind of time to be that early....

I was that early for a docs appt not long ago. Soon as I got there, they took me right in. And I was out before I should have been in, in the first place.
Had I been on time or late I might of had to wait. So I saved a good 2 hours by being early.
So while I should have been in the docs office. I was licking whipcream in handcuffs off the wife instead. Now isnt that much much better?

hmm 20 mins late. I am ussualy always ontime or early, and the wait around 20-30 mins for somone who is late hehe.

So although i am ussualy always ontime (because i hate people being late) i would prefer to be 20 mins late because then im ussualy ontime.

Early rather than late for me, but 90 minutes is too early. I've spent my whole life in a pattern of 15-20 minutes early.

On a related topic, I live about 40 miles from the nearest VA facility. The VA runs a network of vans in conjuction with the DAV (Disabled American Vets) to pick guys up all over the countryside for their appointments. Most times, the van will be out like at 6-7am picking a half dozen guys up, and get us all to the hospital at 9am. We all do our various appointments, but have to sit around until maybe 3-4pm until all the appointments are done, and then the trip home. I've shown up in the various clinics maybe 2-3 hours early for my appointment, and a lot of times I'll get in way early, and be done, only to have to wait another 4 hours for everyone else to get done. I hate waiting, but an MP3 player and a pocket-full of brownies helps to pass the time. The Green Team waiting room is my favorite place to hang out. For the non-vets, that's the looney bin, and I've met some really interesting guys there, and had some great conversations. One time a guy came in with real long hair and beard, and looked like he hadn't bathed or combed his hair in months. He sat down with a wild-eyed look and asked me if I thought he'd have to wait very long for his methadone treatment. It was kinda difficult to get a conversation going with him, but I enjoyed trying. Passed the time, and the brownies really helped.

SmokinMom said:
Late baby!!!!

I am usually a few mins early or right on time...

And when I answered this yesterday I completely forgot about my Iphone. So a 45 min wait would be easy peasy, I could surf MP if I wanted, or play a few cool games. :D Piece of cake.

Wmmeyer...I remember you now!!!!...lol...Thank god for the DAV, but I prefer to drive myself for this simple reason of waiting for everyone else...but you are so right about meeting interesting people...I love sitting and talking with this one old Korean war veteran, that I see quiet a lot. I was stationed in Korea for a yr., but waaay after the war there, so to me it's interesting to here his stories of battles in places that I had been.

I'm always early...except to family get togethers, if mom says dinner is at 4 that means it's at 6, so I showup at 5...lol

legalize_freedom said:
...Thank god for the DAV, but I prefer to drive myself for this simple reason of waiting for everyone else...

Only other choice I have, other than ride the DAV vans, is to ride my MC. No car. In the winter, its pretty much out of the question. In the summer I ride up there pretty often, but still enjoy the DAV vans when I have to.

I am either on time or a minute or two late. I hate being late but I can't seem to bring myself to leave home earlier than I do. Like cmd420, I love my time and I don't like to sit around with people I don't enjoy (at work) for an hour and a half...no way. But, the stress every day worrying about traffic, tickets, or trouble at work, I guess I would "rather" be early, but... I won't be.

I like to be early for everything, but 90 mins thats way too early. Maybe if i was driving cross country or flying somewhere. Whenever i have meetings somewhere in town i try to make sure that i will be there at least 10 to 15mins early so i calculate traffic and what not.

SmokinMom said:
I think everyone should have an Iphone.

:lama:

as soon as the iphone is available for verizon I may consider it. but for now the BB stormII is the way for me.:ccc:

Latest posts

Back