yellow leaves

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warlock

Reaction score
My ph is high from soil test I took can I use some kind of ph down or deceaser ? thx. :confused:

if you did a flush to determine this, you should be good. you do not add ph down directly to your soil, mix it with your water container, and let it stand for 24hrs. at room temp.

ph down, you can get it at home depot, lowes or most any pikes or nuserys....look in the pond/garden section.

If you want to quickly lower your pH, and boost your nitrogen at the same time, how about using some black coffee?

i use vinegar all the time never ever have i had a ph problem with it.... my soil and my water stay a constant 6.6...... but i have seen people us that ph up- down in aquirams and there fish die .......

gettinggray1964 said:
i use vinegar all the time never ever have i had a ph problem with it.... my soil and my water stay a constant 6.6...... but i have seen people us that ph up- down in aquirams and there fish die .......

I stand corrected. I should have stated that I grow hydro and that this is my personal experience. Also, since I never ever have ph that is too low, I never have to use a base (vinegar). I always have to adjust my ph down and lemon juice doesn't work well for me.

LOL--their fish only die if they have not used it properly.

hey Hemp Goddess, i am sorry if i came off the wrong way, yesterday was one of those days, grand kids gone crazy. and all this rain, cant get away from them.... just wanted to apolagize....

gettinggray1964 said:
hey Hemp Goddess, i am sorry if i came off the wrong way, yesterday was one of those days, grand kids gone crazy. and all this rain, cant get away from them.... just wanted to apolagize....

No, no offense taken. If I am wrong, I want to be corrected--hate disseminating bad info. Hydro is different than soil and vinegar could well react far different than lemon juice. And I certainly understand the challenges of grandkids and rainy days.

:48:

5 going ong 6 days later deceided that I would try the cooncentrated lemon juice.Ph in soil droped right away even in water with nutrients and soil. The concentrated lemon juice seems to be the miracle cure for now.ph on start was about 7.8 and now 6.0-6.5. :fly: and it still did yellow some but not as fast. Dead leaves now are falling fast height and flowering have not be hendered thought which is good.Will keep this thread going with weekly updates.:banana: THX

Latest posts

Back