Yellowing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Soil plant looks way over watered and all plants look like the PH is off causing lockout.

Make sure you are 5.8 to 6.0 for the hydro and 6.8 to 7.0 in the soil, but that needs to dry out a bunch before it gets anything.

As for the roots changing color, well my guess is your water temps are too warm and pythium is setting in for the kill.

If it were me, I would start new seeds as you don't have too much time in to these, but not everyone has an unlimited supply of good genetics so I get trying to have them battle back, and they may if you get everything dialed in.

These issues you are having in the #1 reason I always say, Friends don't let friends go DWC. The net has got everyone believing because they can be DIY'ed at a cheap price they are the way to go.

The part lots leave out is in most cases a chiller or some sort of water cooler is needed.

If your water is over 72, you're asking for issues...

To be honest with you I don't let it get hot like that. For the last couple of days I have been lazy with my method. My method is ice bottles. I have like 5 water bottles that I go back & forth using. With this method the water stays under 72, it has been to like 74 but no higher than that. Thanks for the help.

I don't run hydro much but PJ is spot on. Hardest thing for me was keeping the water temps cool enough and my plants would always pay the price in the end. That's why I grow in soil, it's much more forgiving...plus I am lazy. :D

I hear y'all about the hydro thing but I like the hydro idea so that's why I go that route. I learn it then master it, is the goal. Keep my temps down & make sure water is ph'd.

i feel like the frozen waters bottle are ok in a clutch situation where say your chiller goes bad and you simply can't get your hand's on one fast. but they should never be used as a permanent solution.

aslo i learned really early on that running multiple plants in 1 dwc bucket for more then 14-21 days(strain dependent) is asking for problems as well. it's ok for small veggies, but mj grows far too large for mutliple plant's to be effective in a single bucket.

To be honest with you I don't let it get hot like that. For the last couple of days I have been lazy with my method. My method is ice bottles. I have like 5 water bottles that I go back & forth using. With this method the water stays under 72, it has been to like 74 but no higher than that. Thanks for the help.

Ice bottles are not a method [more of s band-aid] and will produce a very unstable environment. They cause temperature variations unsuited for healthy root production and should only be used when a chiller or some sort of other more stable unit goes bad.

You can certainty see for yourself, my reply is nothing more than an attempt to save you some grief.

While that unit will work for a stain the lolly pops only [plant that grows straight up zero branching], unless you are keeping mothers in veg I feel you will be disappointed with it's final results.

I would suggest something in an EBB type of setup which is far less likely to have issues like a Mega Garden or the like. No chiller required type of equipment [in a lot of cases] that will give you some experience for down the road when you want to go in to larger more stable setup.

I hear y'all about the hydro thing but I like the hydro idea so that's why I go that route. I learn it then master it, is the goal. Keep my temps down & make sure water is ph'd.

Most important thing to learn is proper setup. Once that is in place it's all gravy. I think most would like to think hydro is rocket science, when in reality it is very easy once you understand plant needs.

PJ I love you bro (in a MJ way that is) lol I hope you didn't take my smart mouth answer the wrong way. I was just feeling really soiled about my plants. (Sorry) Your so right when you say the WWW has us newbies head ****** with this DWC growing. And the sad part about it is that when I think about it from the books & video I've seen the pros on it's rarely about DWC. There mainly talk about soil grow. Anyway with that said I've taken them out the DWC & transferred them to soil. I'll go back to DWC when I have all the correct tools to operate it in proper order. The plants look very happy in the soil & I'm glad I did it. They are reaching for the light. I'm a happy grower right now. Again thanks guys for the help. It's really appreciated. I'm studying how to set up an EBB grow. Lol:farm:

I have grown DWC for many many years and I love it. I don't find it tougher than dirt (especially organics), but the results are far better. For me personally, DWC has also been better/easier than other methods I have used--ebb and flow, aeroponics, organic soil. It just might be that everyone has a better way for themselves to grow, regardless of what others think. I am a DWC grower and that is how I get my best harvests.

The pick above looks like over-watering whilst the pic at the beginning has slight nutrient burn. Go lighter on the nutes and allow the soil to dry out some before watering again. Apart from that they look great bro, you`re doing well.

Latest posts

Back