Zero Water

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShOrTbUs

Reaction score
has anyone else seen the commercials? it basically looks like the brita water pitcher. its supposed to filter out 100% of dissolved solids in your water. haven't checked to see it's cost effectiveness yet, but looks like it could be a nice addition to a starter kit for people just getting into the scene. as opposed to buying a 100$+ RO system.

hxxp://www.zerowater.com/

I have seen that com.
It comes with a ppm meter.
I think it's one dem 29.98 or 19.98 offers.
Can't remember 100%
LH

Interesting. It appears they have put a 5 stage filter in a single cartridge. On their web site, the larger 23 cup dispenser, which appears to be their largest, is listed at $40 plus shipping. The filters are 2 for $30--real reasonable for filters of this kind. My biggest question would be how low it takes for the water to get through the filter--basically how much could you make in 24 hours? They are claiming RO water, but with regular RO systems, the water must be under pressure or it will not go through the filters--it is not a gravity system. This is a gravity system, so the filters must be constructed differently to allow it to filter by gravity.

The Hemp Goddess said:
Interesting. It appears they have put a 5 stage filter in a single cartridge. On their web site, the larger 23 cup dispenser, which appears to be their largest, is listed at $40 plus shipping. The filters are 2 for $30--real reasonable for filters of this kind. My biggest question would be how low it takes for the water to get through the filter--basically how much could you make in 24 hours? They are claiming RO water, but with regular RO systems, the water must be under pressure or it will not go through the filters--it is not a gravity system. This is a gravity system, so the filters must be constructed differently to allow it to filter by gravity.

from the video reviews i've seen on youtube, it appears to filter slightly slower then the brita filter. so about 5 mins to fill their largest pitcher. costco apparently sells the medium sized pitcher with 2 additional filters for 60$. seems pretty cost effective to me

I have never seen a Brita filter fill a large pitcher in 5 minutes. But regardless, I cannot imagine how a gravity flow could do the same thing an RO does under pressure in less time. In addition this has no bypass water.

The things I would check are: how long it takes to filter the water and how many gal each filter will filter. While this number will vary depending on your water quality, you should be able to get a ballpark figure. People will drink maybe a quart or so of water a day. If you are using it for water for your plants, you are going to need gallons every day.

I have worked with water for a whole lot of years. I know technology changes, but I have a hard time imagining how this little set up can achieve what an RO does for so much less money, only 1 filter, with no pressure behind it and no waste water. Take everything on You Tube with a grain of salt. Anybody can post anything there. The company could have hired 50 people give rave reviews.

It is probably worth a try (depending on how much water each filter will filter) if you have the $60 or so to spare . If nothing else, I'm sure it makes great drinking water.

let us know how it works...and how many gallons does one filter do?

Is your water that polluted? I've feed filtered water(filter system from homedepot)....RO'd water(literally filled 5gal buckets from refrigerator RO filtered water dispenser)...& the current PH'd tap...and I have never noticed a difference in growth, taste or appearance...rain water isn't filtered or RO..and outdoor I don't even PH...straight out the hose...I just don't feel it's required..unless your tap is that bad...just filling your watering containers the night before and letting them sit uncapped over night gets rid of a lot of impurities...it's not "that" sensitive of a plant..

According to the website the filter is certified for 22.5 gallons each with customer reports of 30 gallons a filter.If you use a lot of water it doesn't seem cost effective.JMO

I think it is all hype.

Where do the metals go?

I can see where this may help remove some but not all.

Good luck, keep us posted and keep-r-green

oldsman said:
According to the website the filter is certified for 22.5 gallons each with customer reports of 30 gallons a filter.If you use a lot of water it doesn't seem cost effective.JMO

Thanks--that tells us a lot. That was one my major concerns. The filters are around $15 each, so that makes the water quite expensive to make. It would probably be more cost effective to buy bottled water.

although, I feel somewhat like duck--I still don't really see how it can remove all the dissolved solids--even an RO usually doesn't take it to 0.

IMO it's a glorified Brita
Like all products when one looses hype they need something else to replace it.
But for the cost n if one is wanting it for drinking water. A free ppm meter with it as stated in commercials is a deal in my eyes.
Kinda killing 2 birds 1 stone.

LH.

i'm gonna pick one up and check the water with my ppm meter, if it takes it to 0. then at the least its legit. weather or not its cost effective, i doubt it is, but someone with a very small organic grow could possibly benefit from it.

RO water is great for hydro, not so good for soil and even less so for organic soil.

IMO, RO water has gotten a internet status like flushing. Too often deemed necessary and used when really not called for.

I agree with Dr. Fever.

Ro water for hydro if your PPms are above 300 or so. I never use RO water with my organic grows.

while i don't think its necessary, it does give you piece of mind. i agree that its most common use is for hydro applications, but i disagree that its least useful in an organic setup. knowing i'm not adding in anything extra into my soil is extremely comforting to me. :48:

Yo short bus your thinking that RO water is good for organic gardening ???
only to the contrary. its more acidic and not good for organic growing and the micro herd you here them all say RO has a neutral pH... even though any idiot with litmus paper or a pH meter can see the pH is usually between 5.2 - 6pH, and drops lower as it sits exposed to open air.
In addition to the effects of pH on nutrient availability, individual plants and soil organisms also vary in their tolerance to alkaline and/or acid soil conditions.
Neutral conditions appear to be best for crop growth. in organic growing
dosn't make sense to me to use RO water when your going to ph it up all the time lol
. Soil microorganism activity is also greatest near neutral conditions,
but pH ranges vary for each type of microorganism.
Specifically, very acid soils (less than 5) cause microbial activity to slow down and numbers to be considerably lower than in
more neutral zones

DrFever said:
Yo short bus your thinking that RO water is good for organic gardening ???
only to the contrary. its more acidic and not good for organic growing and the micro herd you here them all say RO has a neutral pH... even though any idiot with litmus paper or a pH meter can see the pH is usually between 5.2 - 6pH, and drops lower as it sits exposed to open air.
In addition to the effects of pH on nutrient availability, individual plants and soil organisms also vary in their tolerance to alkaline and/or acid soil conditions.
Neutral conditions appear to be best for crop growth. in organic growing
dosn't make sense to me to use RO water when your going to ph it up all the time lol
. Soil microorganism activity is also greatest near neutral conditions,
but pH ranges vary for each type of microorganism.
Specifically, very acid soils (less than 5) cause microbial activity to slow down and numbers to be considerably lower than in
more neutral zones

i build all of the soil i use so that it supports a thriving bacterial dominated food web. since bacteria thrive better in my soil. the ph of the soil buffers itself to an acceptable ph. i'd much rather build my soil to counteract RO's lower then optimal ph, then fill my soil with unmeasured amounts of cal,mg,iron, etc. not to mention people that use city water straight from the hose is filled with chlorine/chloramine.

ph only directly effects uptake in a synthetic grow. in an organic setting the ph of the soil itself only effects which organisms can thrive. which in return dictates what nutrients will uptake. different types of microbes target different nutrients.

Well good luck..... looking forward to seeing your next grow in organic RO mixture if yea think its going to improve your yields ...
I personally think your wasting your time you mention you build all of your soil with amendments yet i bet you can't give me a exact NPK content but rather a guess of what is in it just like on most bags of soils you buy its a guess on NPK a average as organic its hard to really guage unless a true soil test is done is your water that bad that this has to be done is that 300 or upto 375 ppm of tap water really that bad for a plant ??? i have never seen tap water be totally unsafe to drink maybe in chernobyl are you wanting to rid the chlorine for your water source ????
Chlorine as chloride is often associated with sodium and potassium. As you know, ordinary table salt is made up of the elements sodium and chloride. Potassium chloride is a compound used as "substitute salt" for those on a sodium-restricted diet.
Although we know that plants absorb chlorine (as chloride) into their structure, practical plant requirements for chlorine have not been established. A sufficient amount is contained in most soils. A fertilizer that is associated with a particular element, is likely to contain it in the form of a chloride compound. An example is the common fertilizer, muriate of potash, which is potassium chloride (KCl), a mined product that is a regular basic material in fertilizers containing potassium.
IMO chlorine is needed for all life to live and has its functions for plants
Chlorine is involved in osmosis (movement of water or solutes in cells), the ionic balance necessary for plants to take up mineral elements and in photosynthesis. Deficiency symptoms include wilting, stubby roots, chlorosis (yellowing) and bronzing. Odors in some plants may be decreased. Chloride, the ionic form of chlorine used by plants, is usually found in soluble forms and is lost by leaching. Some plants may show signs of toxicity if levels are too high.

Anyways Short i would seriously looking into this before spending money on a RO
You want to see results Increases yields 10%-30%
• Increases plant vigor, weight, and quality • Increases water penetration and flow• Increases seed germination • Increases nutrient uptake• Increases shelf life• Improves soil pH• Reduces water use 10%-30%
• Reduces fertilizer and pesticide needs • Prevents and removes scale buildup • Reduces total dissolved solids (TDS)
• Reduces disease and pathogens• Reduces maintenance costs
• Reduce electrical bills • Reduces salts in soil

Then purchase a H20 energizer Dam i am giving my secrets away lol

omnienviro.com/products/

The Magnetic field created by the H2O ENERGIZER, when applied to normal water, restructures the water molecules into very small water molecule clusters, each made up of six symmetrically organized molecules. This hexagonal cluster is recognized by the cell as "bio-friendly" due to its hexagonal structure and inability to transport toxins, and easily enters the passageways in plant and animal cell membranes. The result provides maximum, healthy hydration with less water.

Magnetic field further breaks down minerals into smaller particles making them more bio-available to the plant cells. The bottom line results are dramatic: maximum hydration of healthy water with greater uptake of minerals results in greater yields, larger and better end product, earlier maturation, longer shelf life, and healthier plants. It allows a reduction of amount of water needed, fertilzer and pesticides.

Since the magnetic structuring breaks all minerals into smaller particles, salt in the soil is broken down by the structured water, causing it to sink deep into the soil, away from plant roots, and wash away.

Latest posts

Back