SO.... i was just wondering what kind of projects you all have going on itf any....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trillions of atoms

Dare to dream...
Reaction score
Well i kind of put the turbo-jet on hold as ive recently aquired a few project for minimal expense...I Traded 14grams of some of my kind bud for a really nice condition 95 spi seadoo. it had upgraded carb, racing exhaust a new battery aftermarket bilge pump and had just been recovered. anyway i kinda new the motor was shot since the engine wouldnt turn over. but since the weed was homegrown and the seadoo came with a nice trailer....i thought hey- the trailer is worth 400 bux so i traded him out....well i took the motor out and found the cylinders and rings are fine but the skirt on one of the pistons was broken and it threw chunks of metal into the bottom end which ended up ultimately breaking off pieces in the case.

well he had another jetski (kawa 650cc TS) that needed love and was non running that i traded him one of my 9mm handguns for (the hipoint) well i pulled the engine out of it, rebuilt the startor and boom! cranked right up with a mean ness....now i got the other ski running he wants to trade back (yeah right!).

SOOOOO.... i got a used motor for the seadoo that didnt have very much compression on one cylinder and figured id break it down and see whats up with it . I got the "NEW" used motor for only a hundred bux. it arrived in the mail today so i tore the head off to see whats up and as soon as i removed the head plate i could see moisture in the cylinder....a sure sign the head gasket had been breeched. sure nuff upon closer inspection the gasket was reinstalled and was the wrong diameter- thus leaving water and sand to get inside the jug scoring the wall.

ive got another engine with good jugs so i am in the process now of rebuilding this rotax trying to get this thing in the water by next weekend before it gets cold.

so instead of taking the 650cc engine and putting it back into the jetski i am parting it out and throwing the engine onto a honda lawnmower! :hubba:

its got a hydrostatic rearend that im hoping will accept the poer. i traded some scrap metal for the lawnmower ...pulled the engine- totally broke it down - pressurewashed the frame and m currently mounting the engine and seat. i am using a hinekien beer keg (mini) for the fuel tank and will have more pics as i get closer to finishing.

and YES i am kind of a redneck :eek: !!

anyway... ive worked on all kinds of projects but referbing this seadoo for under 500 bux is getting me excited-

and building a 650cc lawnmower is keeping me from sleeping! :D

anyone else got any cool projects going?

the last two photos are a sled i recently rebuilt and painted- another kawasaki.

elijah 757.jpg

elijah 758.jpg

elijah 731.jpg

elijah 798.jpg

1a2c_1.jpg

elijah 749.jpg

elijah 733.jpg

011506010205011600200808307156d36ab9468892fa00d908.jpg

01150301160001030420080830f2e674085f1342cdc2004b9a.jpg

I dunno about cool ToA, but I have to redo the whole dang yard, including moving a 100x100x30 barn and contents 300 ft to north and build gravel walkways connecting the buildings ;)I already contracted a couple relatives to do most of the heavy work, moving the barn is gonna be interesting, probably gonna just get a crane to hoist it and swing it over. Bro-In-Law says they get $900 an hour to run that crane, plus travel time, but I can probably borrow it from the company for nada, and pay the operator only

gonna be fun september as grouse/woodcock season is ready to start too, sheesh

DAWG!! ya don't mind me hire you to do work on my 25 of water ski jets?
most of them is yahama and few seadoo. and couples of kawaswki..
All I need is motors to install them, wanna make some deals?

yo trillian of atom make some deal here? this is not a drug deal, so overuled alright?

wow projects lets see.... i still got sum more shingles to put on the house been cutting fire wood like a beaver i think it`s gunna b a cold one here in colo. i have a 63 jeep cj5 i got for 100 bucks it runs great was an electrical night mare ..it got put on hold for fire wood. been werkin on a new indoor grow room. it is werkin great. got a 400 watt mh fixture given to me so i had to put it to use. inherited sum clones that are turning out awesume i never had plants goop all the way out on thr sun leaves b 4. :)
all in all im busy but life is lookin goood. i think the winter is gunna b great!!!

i don't have any projects going on now, after a whole summer with no work i managed to get everything done. i do have a four wheeler and a three wheeler that i could tincker with but i've already turned to many of those this year so i need something new to play with.

hey TOA if you need any help let me know. PWC, ATV and motorcycles is where i do my best work. if you need another project i got a couple you can have.

lol,i think you got a heck of a deal on the jet skis TOA,i just sold my 95 sea doo bombardier sp last summer for $1200,the sad part is i paid 2500 for it 2 years prior to that.i love ridin mid 90s jet skis,theyre alot funner to ride then the newer cruisers. i used to have a hella good time in mine.took it to lake huron one year and had my battery come loose,my cousin and i were stranded in lake huron for 3 hours,luckly 1/2 hour b-4 sunset a guy on a pontoon boat came and asked us if we need a tow,then he dropped us off in the channel so we could swim back to the boat launch and my cousin ended up cuttin his foot open on a rock.one of the crappiest afternoons i've ever been through. =)

naw. its the tippity tip of southwest virginia. tennesee, kentuckee, west-by-god, and virginia all come together down there. its about 30 years behind the rest of the country in development and the land is absolutly beautiful.

COOL! hell yah banjo- dig that mower! :hubba:

and clan, love those 4wd's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This thread is going exactly how i wanted! sweet! anyone else got some redneck projects goin?

yardwork dont count puffin! :p

i broke down the yellow 580 today and sure enough the brass gear that drives the intake plate was grounded into strands, as well as the skirt on of the pistons broke along with the sleeve of that cylinder. the case is actually OK on this ski... wont take to much to rebuild it. took the heads off of the 587 engine and looks like the head gasket was breeched and sand got into the cylinder and scored the jacket (why its losing compression on the one cylinder. but nothing a headgasket and a lil boring and honing cant fix. )

and of course some sweet frosty dank to fire up on the job....

elijah 824.jpg

elijah 822.jpg

elijah 823.jpg

elijah 825.jpg

elijah 811.jpg

elijah 814.jpg

thanks for startin this thread T.O.A. its nice to see other folks who were the kids all ways taking stuff apart too see if you could fix or improve it!

......and im afraid puffins does count, if you gotta rent equpiment it oughtta lol.

Shoot....anything you do without getting paid oughta' be considered a project ;)

im just givvin puffin a hard time like his bong does to his lungs! :p

bought the short block cuz i wanted it to last, and after i priced out the machine work on an old 350 i had, i spent an extra thousand to get one sent that was put together the way i wanted.

any way its:

1984 350ci truck block (.095 higher deck than a reg. 350)
bored .060 over, lunati forged 3.75" crank, 9.5:1 forged pistons, high vol. oil pump, dart iron eagle 200 cfm cast iron heads w/ 2.02intake 1.60 exh. valves,
paw 1.6:1 roller rockers / roller lifters, forgot the #'s on the roller cam that came with the short block, cleaned up & painted the old oil pan, got some cheap tin covers, edelbrock single plane intake, and a demon 750 cfm carb.

i had a hi-po hei distributor and some 2" primary headers laying around from an old truck so i recycled them and used my electricians experience to plumb my own exhaust.

this is the first roller engine ive ever owned and, my god the thing runs smooth. almost no lope to the cam. its a great road car for crusing around. but its got a mean streak when you mash on the loud pedal.

those late 70's early 80's oil crisis downsize sedans make great platforms for rodding, plus they might have outdated interiors, but they're like riding in your favorite chair.

ive got the white 587 broken down partway, im going to see if i cant use the good piston off the yellow motor, compress the ring and slide it on. we shall see if i get compression!

ive cleaned the crank and regreased it, i hope halfway just replacing thepiston will be sufficent...but i wont be suprised if i have to do more to get this thing going. we shall see!!

clan, i figured that thing was a roller motor!!! NIICE!

elijah 827.jpg

i hope the piston turns the trick. i get some pics up of my $50 15hp outboard yard sale steal up tommorow. needed a driveshaft and a new impeller. 4 years old. some people around my neck o' the woods got more money than they got sense! the joker i got it from went out and bought a new one.

Latest posts

Back