Thermoelectrical Conductor Cooling TEST

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firepower

Reaction score
for those of you who read the thread about using those thermoelectrical conductor test a week ago:

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?p=97021#post97021

It was a failure, i was gonna post pics of the whole setup but it wsnt even vorth it. ill sum it up:

3/4 of the panels made of particle board wood

box was 1 square foot almost 3 ft. tall

Mylar all in the inside. in the sides i drilled 2 holes for the 23 watts CFL's, 1 lower and other high for a total of 4 holes. all wiring for each light was outside the box so only the actual lightbulb was the only thing inside the box.

i placed the TEC TOP center, i then made a tunnel entrance with 2 x 4 and a fan undder the 2x4. that way the fan was taking air from underneath the TEC while the tunnels provided the hot air on top from the sides.

so 4 23 watts CFL's in 1 square foot.

after 3 hour WITHOUT TEC running=98 f

Turned TEC unit on. 3 hours later WITH TEC running=103

at this point therer was plenty of air circulation inside the box. but 1 TEC wasnt strong enuff to cool the air around it..

after that i didnt want to was te all the hard work with mylar and wiring so i used 2 computer fans for the top center and made a door of hard cardboard with a flap big enuff to fit a 6" fan and it worked great for 1 of my plants, temp stayed around 80s which is pretty consistent with the temperature im my grow area....
any 1 else intertested on trying a different method of cooling the air with a TEC might be possible, my way didnt work..

so i was upset:cry: and decided to find a project i can get goo results, i think i found it.. another EBAY idea..

HID Lighting kits for cars... less heat, smaller bulbs and i think it can produce more lights.. here is some info i found..

A 35 watt HID lamp produces up to 3 times=300% of the lumens at the light source when compared to a conventional standard 55 watt Halogen lamp.

A 55 watt Halogen lamp draws a constant 10 Amps, while an HID lamp in steady state draws in 3-4 Amps (50-60% less power).

Choice Of Color Temperature
hid_4.jpg

4300k(Xtreme White), 6000k(Diamond White), 8000k(Iceberg Blue), 10000k (Brilliant Blue), 12000k(Violet Purple) .

3000K / 4300K / 6000K / 8000K / 10000K / 12000K / 15000K All In Stock

ALSO; this lights can all be run from a car battery!!!;).. no worries about fires from bad wiring..

what do you guys think?

more info:
http://www.xenonvalot.com/tuotteet_eng.html

uhh....WHAT lol

all i know is that my light is 6500k if that means anything , haha

i edited with the thread.. started as a very interesting idea..:joint:

Very interesting indeed!
Have you tried mounting the 'Thermoelectric Cooler Peltier' on the hot ballasts/lights to see if you can produce a significant amount of electricity? Usually we just vent the heat out, but if we can turn it into something that'll power a cpu fan or two..!

Well duh it didn't work. These have to be set up with heat sinks. You can't just put a TEC up without them. The hot side has to have the heat sink to draw the heat away from the unit. Otherwise it will cause them to fail because they can heat up to the point that the solder used in them melts. You place the hot side outside of the box and the cold side inside the box. Rig computer fans to it and there you go. The fan on the hot side cools it down while the fan on the cold side blows that cold air around inside the box.

if you try the car lights.... dont use a battery. 12v transformer ftw

let us know how it goes :)

Laser i actually took a TEC from a 12v cooler that i had laying around, it had the divisions and the heatsinks along with the cooling fans attached. the TEC got cold about 40 deg. F, it just didnt cool the air enuff by just passing thru it..

Latest posts

Back