Plants Nutrient Deficient, and too short?!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hachiroku

Reaction score
Various strains being grown some plants are having issues, some arent. these particular few may be deficient in N im thinking? I did just change the res water out and didnt put as much nutrients in as I have previously. PH is in check, PPms are at 400 right now, plan on increasing that. light is kept two inches above the plant.

what could this browning be? check out how some of these are growing.. are they growing too compact and small? I know short is good, but these things are rediculous!

check out the pics and let me know guys.

thanks for your help

DSC00611.JPG

DSC00614.JPG

DSC00615.JPG

DSC00616.JPG

DSC00618.JPG

DSC00622.JPG

DSC00624.JPG

light to low as well lookin like ph. what is the rezz sitting at?

not a nutrient diff as the spotting in the center of the vein says otherwise- if it was needing N the leaves would only be yellowing on the bigger shade leaves and also yellowing uniformly with out spotting tward the center vein in the middle of the leaf.

the curling and hard ridges is from intensity looks like cfls.

looks hungry and a ph imbalance because of.... Ph needs to be from 5.4-5.8 respectively.

resivour is sitting at 5.6, its adjusted down daily as it tends to rise up to 6.0 every day.

lighting is 48" sunbeam 8 bulb t5's i had it within like 3 inches of the plants, ill move it up.

what else could it be? is this reversable?

ebb and flow? what kind of water? what are you feeding it?

im using a 4x4 tray that fills up to designated height. hour on hour off. they are on advanced nutrients grow micro and bloom with some liquid karma. water temperature is at 70-72 degrees f. room temp is always less than 80. humidity is around 30-45%

water ph'd daily to 5.6. every 24 hours it needs to be adjusted down from 6.0 to 5.6.

hachiroku said:
im using a 4x4 tray that fills up to designated height. hour on hour off. they are on advanced nutrients grow micro and bloom with some liquid karma. water temperature is at 70-72 degrees f. room temp is always less than 80. humidity is around 30-45%

water ph'd daily to 5.6. every 24 hours it needs to be adjusted down from 6.0 to 5.6.

Did you rinse that hydroton out well before you used it?
Also I dont do ebb-flow but one hour on one hour off seems like to long for the feeding cycle.

POTUS suggested teh feeding cycle to me. said hes been using it on his for years.

do they look a little soggy?

the hydroton was rinsed out very well first.

i didnt think that would cause brown spotted leaves though?

hachiroku said:
POTUS suggested teh feeding cycle to me. said hes been using it on his for years.

do they look a little soggy?

the hydroton was rinsed out very well first.

i didnt think that would cause brown spotted leaves though?

Thes reason I asked about rinsing the hydroton was ive seen dusty hydroton raise my PH.

First thing that came to mind was: overwatered.

That cycle seems a bit off mate. I'm no ebb and flow expert, but try 30min/60min on/off. It may take quite some time before changes kick in. How old are these babies?

they are exactly two weeks old today.... lol ph is pretty constant right now. ive heard about the hydroton, pain... hopefully the more i rinse my water in the res the better itll get.. as it is im adding 15 gallons every two days... these babies are drinking a lotttttt. should i cut these bad leaves off?

If they are stiff and crunchy, go ahead and pull them. If they are still limp and flexible, just let them grow out.

yeaaa right! pull em out?! haha, i moved the lights up 8 inches and they're straightening out. i think pretty much everything can be fixed.. i dont think i could really think of a reason to pull em out, unless you pretty much killed em...

they were pretty stiff though, now that they've grown up a few inches they are extremely thick plants. easily a quarter inch thick and only 5 inches in height. pretty impressive i think..

i was looking through this link i found up above where it shows possible problems with plants and it looks like my problem was a hydroponic over fert issue... apparently the leaves soak of the ferts then they just sit there and burn through the leaves. appears that I was just on time for the fert and res change.

thanks for the advice guys.. its awesome to have people throwing in ideas and possible resolutions. it helps a ton when im trying to brainstorm and need that extra push!

Latest posts

Back