How long can you leave plants hanging?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You could leave them as long as you want.
I always left mine hanging until the smaller branches would snap back bend. Maybe 5-8 days.

Who knows? Maybe next summer I’ll trim the rest out of boredom or something, if they are still here, haha.
Maybe I should have mentioned I was being a little sarcastic. I guess I am too rough and callous. Didn’t mean to misinform you If you dry it too much it’s going to be very harsh.

Update on my post, I basically gave up with three (partial) remaining plants still hanging. Occasionally friends ask me about those three, and out of curiosity we’ll roll one. Still smokes fine, with desired effects. I have plenty in jars now, so I’m not really trimming any more. I have moved on to my new grow, which will be planted as soon as it quits snowing, lol.

Attachments

• 13136C61-ED92-48C6-88DD-E759724F94A7.jpeg
    13136C61-ED92-48C6-88DD-E759724F94A7.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 0
Typically, buds are dried for 7-10 days and then jarred for a few weeks to cure. But, since you've been drying for 11 weeks, it's possible that some quality may have been lost. As long as there's no mold or decay, keep drying and curing until the buds reach your desired level of dryness and quality. Trust your instincts and go for what tastes and feels best to you!

Typically, buds are dried for 7-10 days and then jarred for a few weeks to cure. But, since you've been drying for 11 weeks, it's possible that some quality may have been lost. As long as there's no mold or decay, keep drying and curing until the buds reach your desired level of dryness and quality. Trust your instincts and go for what tastes and feels best to you!
@seedhunter Forum Avatar for you
1683288060818.png

Actually those 3 have been hanging since November now (~25 weeks), with a small oscillating fan, just to keep air moving inside. The 7-10 day window long since past. I’m sure degradation will approach quickly as soon as warm weather arrives, but I have never hung any this long. It’s turning into an experience experiment now. They aren’t in my way at all, so for now, I’ll let them hang around.

Latest posts

Back