Plant Near death? Pics; need help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

50bud

Reaction score
I arrived home earlier to find this. I have been flowering for about 4 days now, what is causing this? The heat is about 84 degrees most of the times sometimes lower sometimes about 88 I just added 6-10-10 yesterday im thinking i may have overferted, i gave it a good flush, anything else to do please help theri leaves are still greeen so i think i can save them. Two plants in the same pot BTW

m 001.JPG

Hi 50bud

Thats not nute lock up because you say all the leaves are still green, what is your light schedule? what lighting are you using?
Its not a good idea to grow 2 plants in the same pot, how often are they watered? how often are they fed? what size pot is it?
(looks root bound to me)
How old are the plants? what age did you put them in flower?
What soil is it?

Others will come with more questions, these questions are just to give more clue's as to your problem.

Over watering will drown a plant, so have you got good drainage in the pot?

my light schedule is 12/12, on this particular plant i have 3 cfls, 1 6500k 2 2700k, local brand potting soil other plant is in same mix, 2 gallon pot watered every 2-4 days as needed, fed about every 4-5 days. plants have been in 12/12 for 4 days other plant looks great and im doing the same thing...im kinda clueless hopefully they wont die on me. I think its getting worse i checked the stems this morning and they seem to be starting to become brittle, the flush seemed to do nothing, i will update later after with new happenings.

Lift the plant out of its pot (turn the plant upside down and lift the pot off) how root bound is it?

It honestly looks overwatered to me. Put a oscillating fan on it and stop watering until your soil drys out

Im really starting to think this is over fert, turned some of the leaves over today and saw alot of rusty spots, i burned them bad:( I dont know what to do other than hope they bounce back in the days to come, maybe another flush tonight? thoughts? Hippy; I looked at the bottom of the pot and i didnt see any roots at all coming through the drainage holes. Im starting to think it was a combination of both considering i have 2 plants in only a 2 gallon pot, it was a rookie mistake and i can only learn from it. This probably only made the roots more susceptible to the nutes...

I appologize I did not read through the entire thread, now that i have, I would actually now say that you have serious root problems, that are preventing your plantS from feeding properly, mixed with overfeeding. What type of nutes are you using?

Also what is the PH of the water your are watering and flushing with

Honestly i never checked the ph of my water but i let it sit out for 2 days before watering my plants so i think the ph is okay. The plants are dead now in the pot they never recovered, im down to one now my white rhino and its doing better than ever (knock on wood) hopefully this baby will be a female, its been in flower for about 5 days now and still no signs of sex, initially i thought this was going to be a male but upon further observation im thinking otherwise. Thanks for the advice people and a will be sure not to do this again.

Wow. Those plants looked pretty bad off. It's kind of hard to say what it was at this point. I think it looks like severe overwatering but I can't be sure. I hope your White Rhino turns out to be female for ya my friend. Keep us posted. Take care and be safe.

50bud said:
Honestly i never checked the ph of my water but i let it sit out for 2 days before watering my plants so i think the ph is okay. The plants are dead now in the pot they never recovered, im down to one now my white rhino and its doing better than ever (knock on wood) hopefully this baby will be a female, its been in flower for about 5 days now and still no signs of sex, initially i thought this was going to be a male but upon further observation im thinking otherwise. Thanks for the advice people and a will be sure not to do this again.

Leaving your water out for 2 days does not change your waters PH in a favorable way. If you never checked your PH, i will assume that it is at a normal tap level of 7. This is good for humans as it is pretty nutreal, but plants like slightly acid mediums.

The fact is that most micro nutes will get locked out by a PH of 7, so if you take water from your tap and never check or change the PH of this water, then YOUR PLANTS DIE. Do some reading on PH, because your PH is just as important as heat, light, water and Nutes.

massproducer said:
Leaving your water out for 2 days does not change your waters PH in a favorable way. If you never checked your PH, i will assume that it is at a normal tap level of 7. This is good for humans as it is pretty nutreal, but plants like slightly acid mediums.

The fact is that most micro nutes will get locked out by a PH of 7, so if you take water from your tap and never check or change the PH of this water, then YOUR PLANTS DIE. Do some reading on PH, because your PH is just as important as heat, light, water and Nutes.
????? are you making this up

dont get me wrong mass but ive been growing with a flat out 7 ph and have never had a nute lock. and letting your water sit for 2 days will change the ph as tap water has chlorine and other things taht will evaporate thus changing the chemical structure of the water thus changing the ph hope this helps

harvester said:
dont get me wrong mass but ive been growing with a flat out 7 ph and have never had a nute lock. and letting your water sit for 2 days will change the ph as tap water has chlorine and other things taht will evaporate thus changing the chemical structure of the water thus changing the ph hope this helps
I don't think chlorine has much, if any effects on ph. I don't think thatsimply setting water out in a normal environment changes the ph.
7.0 is definately the "high" end of the safe zone for ph in soil, but little is locked out at 7.0. I think iron and manganese are primarily the nutes affected at 7.0.
Theres a link to charts below.

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1908

Oh yeah just to follow up on this story, last night after cleaning up the mess i noticed the thermometer was broken in the larger reservoir tub i had the pot sitting in. so i guess my girls got a bottom feeding of some mercury:(. Well, live and learn i guess. Tonight I discovered my thought to be white rhino female has shown its 'balls' labeling it a hermaphrodite, or a mistaken male. Leaving my grow with zilch, but i feel like i have gained important knowledge.

We learn by experience my friend. I wish you the best of luck in future grows! Take care and be safe.

Was the reservoir tub holding water? That mercury is not good but I still think it lookd just overwatered.

Latest posts

Back