Count-down jitters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PencilHead

Reaction score
I'm 5-6 days out according to the calendar, not much trich clouding, have to look for an amber, but closing in. WW and crystal soil grow, straight up FF 6 nutes in Ocean Forest, maintained mid 6's pH thru-out.

Is a lot of chlorosis (?), yellowing fan leaves at this point normal? I've read that some is to be expected, but the bigger leaves are adding up every day. The smaller leaves and my colas look delicious, smell delicious and sample even better, so does it really matter if I'm a few days out what happens?

Hey, see how I wrote that with a steady hand, not all that freaking out like I did at first every time a leaf fell off. Does that mean I'm not a newb anymore?:rolleyes:

PencilHead said:
I'm 5-6 days out according to the calendar, not much trich clouding, have to look for an amber, but closing in. WW and crystal soil grow, straight up FF 6 nutes in Ocean Forest, maintained mid 6's pH thru-out.

Is a lot of chlorosis (?), yellowing fan leaves at this point normal? I've read that some is to be expected, but the bigger leaves are adding up every day. The smaller leaves and my colas look delicious, smell delicious and sample even better, so does it really matter if I'm a few days out what happens?

Hey, see how I wrote that with a steady hand, not all that freaking out like I did at first every time a leaf fell off. Does that mean I'm not a newb anymore?:rolleyes:

No... it just means your more stoned now than you were before. ;) :rofl:

:48:

lordhighlama said:
No... it just means your more stoned now than you were before. ;) :rofl:

:48:

And you are sooo right. Entering the world of self-sufficiency is feeling better every day. You noticed I said: sampled even better. Can't wait to get something on my body besides my face and head high, but I'm not complaining.:D

Do these even help with harvest-time projections? I'm still trying to get my Eyeclops technique down right. Yeah, I know, it's a kids' toy--maybe I should read the instructions.

003.jpg

004.jpg

Nice pics. When my trichs looked like that, I still had 2 weeks to go before much amber was seen. Maybe your strain is faster finishing?

420benny said:
Nice pics. When my trichs looked like that, I still had 2 weeks to go before much amber was seen. Maybe your strain is faster finishing?

Don't know. That's WW and Monday will be 8 wks under 12/12, but I vegged them pretty long.

That's another question: Do the white strains show as much ambering as other strains?

2 002.jpg

2 003.jpg

2 004.jpg

WW takes a long time to turn amber.

A long long long time, up to 16 weeks of flowering.

The Trichomes are clear, they have to go cloudy before amber.

Totally ignore calander dates, you are now looking at colour only.

The leaves are the plants last energy being used up, they will go yellow and die and drop off, its perfectly normal :aok:

:peace:

PencilHead said:
Don't know. That's WW and Monday will be 8 wks under 12/12, but I vegged them pretty long.

That's another question: Do the white strains show as much ambering as other strains?

Nice pics.

HippyInEngland said:
WW takes a long time to turn amber.

A long long long time, up to 16 weeks of flowering.

The Trichomes are clear, they have to go cloudy before amber.

Totally ignore calander dates, you are now looking at colour only.

The leaves are the plants last energy being used up, they will go yellow and die and drop off, its perfectly normal :aok:

:peace:

You're breaking my heart here, Hippy. 16 weeks--ouch. My instant gratification requirements could really be in jeopardy. Well, there's always sampling.

HappyHead said:
Hey there pencil,

the W.W. I am currently enjoying was vegged for 28 days and flowered for 10 weeks. I had a lot of recommendations to let them go a full 10 weeks minimum but the whole time I was anxiously awaiting for them to be finished in 8 weeks. Best advice I ever took was letting them go a full 10 weeks. By that time my trichomes were nice and Amber and after a proper cure in mason jars - WOW!

Don't cut too early. If you do, you'll never know what you would have had.

Good luck.

Thanks, HH. Yeah, I sat by in ignorance and watched my buddy Winston cut his first crop just a bit early--ruined the whole endeavor. But, like I say, nothing wrong with sampling, and I've got plenty. By the way, I vegged for 5.5 weeks--I had a stubborn Crystal and I wanted to see everything pre-flower before I went 12/12. Makes everything nice and big--I've got colas the size of beer bottles all over the place.

Appreciate the heads up on the WW. Patience isn't a virtue I loose much time to, unfortunately, but in this case--gotta do what you gotta do.

Like Tom Petty said: the waitin' is the hardest part.

PencilHead said:
You're breaking my heart here, Hippy. 16 weeks--ouch. My instant gratification requirements could really be in jeopardy. Well, there's always sampling.

If you're going to have another few weeks (let alone five or six), should you be thinking in terms of hitting his girls with some nutes?

Also, are you noticing a difference in ambering with the Crystal?

Tick tock tick tock, how damn long till they hit couch lock?????
Hippy put it best fella, its all up to the plant how long it takes.
I do see a little clouding in the first of the last pics i think ;)

Pic 1 in the 09:08 post... Is that a amber head i see on the trichome that can be easily seen sticking up or something behind it???

PencilHead said:
Thanks, HH. Yeah, I sat by in ignorance and watched my buddy Winston cut his first crop just a bit early--ruined the whole endeavor. But, like I say, nothing wrong with sampling, and I've got plenty. By the way, I vegged for 5.5 weeks--I had a stubborn Crystal and I wanted to see everything pre-flower before I went 12/12. Makes everything nice and big--I've got colas the size of beer bottles all over the place.

Appreciate the heads up on the WW. Patience isn't a virtue I loose much time to, unfortunately, but in this case--gotta do what you gotta do.

Like Tom Petty said: the waitin' is the hardest part.

PH you write exceptionally well. And bravo on your awesome looking grow, I hope the bounty is well worth any wait you may endure. :watchplant:

dubblehue said:
PH you write exceptionally well. And bravo on your awesome looking grow, I hope the bounty is well worth any wait you may endure. :watchplant:

I wish the guys who gave big fat awards and big fat publishing contracts felt the same--thanks. I'm flattered.

Thanks on ths grow--blame it on MP.

Latest posts

Back