Silica nute additives

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmd420

SUPERBABY
Reaction score
How important are these for strong plant structure?

Do you use them?

:)

If you are running R/O water, the Silica is a MUST. I run it in every feeding including just water. It promotes FAT stalks and strong plants.
When adding to your res, it will raise the PH crazy style, fyi, but as you add your reg nuits, it should all balance back out.

NorCalHal said:
If you are running R/O water, the Silica is a MUST. I run it in every feeding including just water. It promotes FAT stalks and strong plants.
When adding to your res, it will raise the PH crazy style, fyi, but as you add your reg nuits, it should all balance back out.

what about with regular tap water? I don't use RO and I'm looking for strong structures in the plant.. Air movement is a must, but I want more..

"overkill is underrated"..

I would add the lower reccomended dosage, and you should be fine. A gallon bottle will last you a couple of grows for sure, you don't use much at all.

perfect.. I'll pick some up my next Hammerhead run..

thx

Just a quick tip. You can take some tap water to your local aquarium and have them test for silica. The larger stores a lot of times don't test, but the smaller mom and pop stores will most of the time.

Piece of mind.

I use ProTekt from Dyna-Gro for both silica and K. 1/4-1/2 tsp/gallon works fine.

Good stuff, but easy to overdo. I found out the hard way, natch.

DD

Latest posts

Back