“Smelled Marijuana” – Texas Deputies Rape Woman On Roadside Get Minor Charges

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burnin1

Reaction score
From sprout.news.com

texas-deputies-rape-woman-680x325.png

“Smelled Marijuana” – Texas Deputies Rape Woman On Roadside Get Minor Charges

By Joshua Scott Hotchkin

Harris County Sheriff’s deputies involved in a roadside search after alleging they smelled marijuana violated a woman sexually but are only being charged with a much lesser crime.

150829-usnews-texas-sheriff-goforth-311a_dd3051c952cf063f9e953be89b538785.nbcnews-fp-1200-800-2-800x430.jpg

Harris County Deputy Sheriff Darren Goforth

On June 20, 2015 at 10:30pm Charnesia Corley was stopped by Harris County, Texas Sheriff’s Department deputies for failure to signal and come to a complete stop. The deputies asked her to pull into a nearby convenience store and claimed they smelled marijuana. After searching the car and finding none of the controlled substance, deputies proceeded to violate Corley in an illegal and highly unethical and immoral roadside cavity and strip search.

Two female officers ordered Corley to expose her genitals right there in the parking lot, and after shining a flashlight on her and not seeing any marijuana, they forced the handcuffed woman to the ground. While pinned to the ground for eleven excruciatingly long minutes, in the middle of a roadside convenience store parking lot, the deputies then spread the woman’s legs and proceeded to perform a cavity search.

They claimed to have discovered 0.02 ounce of marijuana during the search, for which Corley was charged. She was also charged with resisting arrest after allegedly pushing a deputy with her hip and kicking.

According to her lawyer, Sam Cammack, the charges were all eventually dropped and there never was any marijuana.

Corley hired Cammack in an on going civil case against Harris County for the outrageous violations to her person committed by sheriff’s deputies.

News of the case prompted enough outrage to spark an investigation by the Civil Rights Division of the Harris County District Attorney’s office.

As a result of that investigation, two of the three officers involved have been charged with Official Oppression, a Class A misdemeanor. The defendants, Ronaldine Pierre (33) and William Strong (36), could face up to a year in jail.

Both deputies have kept their jobs but have been moved to civilian duties pending the outcome of their cases, and will not be allowed to participate in law enforcement activities in the meantime.

Now, let’s be frank about some things.

The third officer involved allowed this crime to take place right in front of her face, so even if her participation was too minimal to warrant charges for violating Corley, why was she not charged in connection to allowing the official oppression to take place before her very eyes?

It is pretty amazing that you can do this and still keep your job at any capacity. In the real world, outside of government work, there would be no question as to your continued employment after an incident like this.

Further, even if the deputies do eventually lose their jobs, they will likely do what most abusive law enforcement officers do and move to another department where their prior abuses are overlooked and kept quiet.

We all know that these deputies will not be given maximum sentences, even in the unlikely case that they are actually convicted. And even if they are, and even if they did…

A misdemeanor? Are you kidding me? These officers raped this woman publicly, and did so based only on the accusation that they ‘smelled marijuana‘. Yes, they raped her. If anybody without a magic costume and a shiny badge and gun had done this, it would have been considered a sexual assault. It would have been a felony that carried a possible double digit prison sentence, but since the perpetrators of this abuse were acting on behalf of the law, they are held to far lesser standards for obeying it.

And those same laws that are enforced very differently on either side of the thin blue line are the ones that allow criminal cops to violate our rights and persons under the paper thin accusation that they might possibly smell a miraculous medicinal plant. Because that’s the law.

TX_-_Harris_County_Sheriff.jpg

http://sprout.news/texas-deputies-rape-woman/

Just look at that mug...Don't ya just want to smash it?

I smell weed is the excuse they use to jusify whatever actions they wish to take !-- Best not say much no matter what happens ! -- If U can handle the beating or other consequences then go ahead and stand up for your rights ! -- Best just be invisible --U do not want an law dog out there waiting for a chance to get even with U !-- He'll hunt U down !

Exactly why bad **** happens in Dallas to police.

Hopper if I can stay out of jail until the end of prohibition what do U think the chances are that I'll conform to thier 4 or 15 plant rule or whatever ?-- I'll obey the rules when it is legal as lettuce not before !-- Bastids made me what I am now they gotta live with it !

Latest posts

Back