#1 - #5

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmy James

Reaction score
Please advise on the following questions .

Setup -- 2'x2' tent - 8 bulb T5 H.O Fixture - 1.5 Root Riot cubes -- AK48 & Snow White ( Nirvana if they ever get here )

#1 How tall will plants get in the 1st 2 wks.?
#2 Can I set the height of the T5s just once for the 1st 2wks.?(set it and forget it 1st 2wks.)
#3 How often to watter 1st 2wks.?
#4 T5 --- 4 bulbs or 8 bulbs 1st 2wks.?
#5 How long before transplant to 1gal.?

:rolleyes:

1. This can be strain and lumen dependent. No real way to predict it. HO T5's keep most of my plants small and bushy, but every now and then I get one that wants to shoot for the sky. (Mostly the heavy Sativa strains)
2. In order to get the most out of your lights and keep stretch down you won't be able to just leave the light at a set height for 2 weeks. If you put the light too close they will grow into the lights and get burnt. If you put it too far they will stretch and get spindly.
3. How big a pot and your ambient temps and humidity will all play a role in how often you need to water.
4. I always use the most lumens I can so long as I can control heat. 2x2 space will need 12,000 lumens min.
5. You are talking to the wrong guy on that. I don't grow in anything bigger then a one gallon pot. I start out in solo cups, then after they put on a lil size they go to 1/2 gallon pots. Then into one gallons where they will finish any additional veg and go to flower.

I get the sense that you want to let this whole show cruise on auto-pilot for the first two weeks....not a good idea, especially if you don't have a lot of experience. jmo

Hampster -- You are corect about the cruse control. ( I know - Not ideal)
1) Give me your general estimate on length if you can ?
2) Dito ?
3) Dito?
5) 1st transplant ?

Jimmy James said:
Please advise on the following questions .

Setup -- 2'x2' tent - 8 bulb T5 H.O Fixture - 1.5 Root Riot cubes -- AK48 & Snow White ( Nirvana if they ever get here )

#1 How tall will plants get in the 1st 2 wks.?
#2 Can I set the height of the T5s just once for the 1st 2wks.?(set it and forget it 1st 2wks.)
#3 How often to watter 1st 2wks.?
#4 T5 --- 4 bulbs or 8 bulbs 1st 2wks.?
#5 How long before transplant to 1gal.?

:rolleyes:
Questions #1, #3, and #5 have no definitive answers. There is really no way to even guess how tall they will get. Babies need to be watered small amounts often at first and then more less often, but it is impossible to know in advance how much they will take. Temps and humidity will play a role. Since you really cannot estimate how fast they will grow, it is impossible to know when they might need to be transplanted. Any guess sould be just that, and a wild one at that.
#2 The answer is No
#4 4 bulbs or maybe even 2 bulbs. Plants are fairly fragile the first couple of weeks,

You are not going to be able to leave seedlings alone for any amount of time. IMO, they need daily care. Not only is cruise control not ideal for seedlings, I doubt they would survive any kind of long absence.

Latest posts

Back