10 Reasons the U.S. Military Should (Officially) Use Pot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...that would depend on who is in them...or what.

Once you take a life you cannot give it back.
I envy those fleeters behind the missle control board. Or the air force bomber pilots.

Fire and forget, never do they have to see the whites of the eyes. Never do they have to kick in a door and watch your buddy take a few 7.62's in the face.

So what if the VA wont cover MMJ, No medical insurance companies do as of yet.
They wont even cover a non-generic lexapro perscription. Pathetic.

Our issues are corporate, not political. Write a letter to procter and gamble if you want to change the current policy. Stop buying tylenol and asprin. Boycott our most common medicine: acetometaphin, NSAID's, Opiates, MAOI's and SSRI's.

Maybe then we could get somewhere.

Also one must understand that there is more than a few personnell in our armed forces who STRONGLY believe that marijuana is just as bad for you as heroin or cocaine. Strangely though 20 years ago most of these people were stuffing their faces with columbian ether snow.

There is still ALOT of work to be done. Alot of minds to change. Alot of mean, bitter, unhappy, obsessive, wealthy, powerful white men and an ocean of money at their disposal are standing in the way of change.

Totally off topic, Eastla isn't your avatar the patron saint of thieves in Mexico?

Tater said:
Totally off topic, Eastla isn't your avatar the patron saint of thieves in Mexico?

:confused: all i know about that picture is that it was the right size and he looked mexican..

As a vet, I agree whole heartedly about using MJ to treat psych problems of many different kinds. In fact, even without being a vet, I agree with that use.

However, ANYONE that supports using anything in a combat or safety critical setting which alters your state of consciousness is clearly out of his tree! Like it or NOT, MJ is a sedative chemically and sedatives slow reaction time and mental reaction times too. It makes NO difference what you have altered your state of consciousness with -- alcohol, speed, heron, cocaine or even just caffeine -- your ability to function has been impaired. No as to caffeine, people are going to argue that caffeine over comes fatigue -- ** you just have an awake fatigued person who still needs sleep.

As to being more focus shooting while stoned on MJ -- if you need ANYTHING to increase your focus while using firearms recreationally, then you have NO business using firearms!

As to raking Wiseguy_Chef about his post, if you read it carefully he has been there and he was NOT talking about what you're reacting to -- he was talking about the argument for using MJ in combat - which none of you agreed with unless I missed something.

Why is it that most people do not realize that by saying beer is worse than MJ, you are admitting that MJ is bad? Don't people remember that the progression in the English language is bad, worse and finally worst? Something can NOT be worse than a good thing, only a less bad but still bad thing by definition.

We all need to quit saying "I'd rather have someone stoned that drunk while they are ......" and realize that by that statement you have admitted that being stoned while engaged in what ever activity you're discussing is NOT a good thing.

Doing any safety related activity, from loading a truck, to driving to shooting to flying to being in combat, with less than 100% of your mind functioning for ANY reason, fatigued, preoccupied, stoned, drunk, high on meth, coke or whatever, is totally unacceptable. If an impaired driver runs over your loved on in a cross walk, the loved one is just as hurt or dead regardless of what the impairment was!

Enough soap box preaching -- having active duty personnel impaired for any reason, even using prescription drugs, is flat out stupid and totally unrelated to using MJ to treat psych problems in civilian life. And I'm pretty sure none of use who have been in the military really believe otherwise. An armorer going to sleep loading a bomb onto an aircraft on a flight deck and detonating that bomb is just as disastrous regardless of why he detonated it -- deliberately, because he was drunk, high or stoned.

Yes using MJ for medical purposes through the VA is a good thing and something to be encouraged, but you must remember too that the VA personnel operate under federal control and law NOT state control or laws and therefore have NO legal basis for recommending the use of a federally banned substance. What we really need to be doing is lobbying Congress for a federal medical marijuana law recognizing it and letting the states regulate it, then thed VA and any other federal medical facility will be free to use it because they are not covered by state law. Remember, we do NOT even have an executive order about not hassling medical marijuana patients -- just a strong suggestion that the US Attorneys use their resources elsewhere. Even that recommendation can be withdrawn just as easily as it was given. WE NEED A FEDERAL LAW RECOGNIZING MEDICAL MARIJUANA! Look at how long congress blocked the citizens of Washington DC from implementing their medical marijuana law even though it was overwhelmingly supported by the citizens.

Good smoking!

Eh, My grandfather was in WW2 and all over. did 17 years? I think in the air force. He said Marijuana saved his life. Thats all he said about it. "Saved our asses!"

I guess he meant during downtime or to help him sleep/ forget?

One of the things I have to say about my war. In 1965 to early 1967, the marines I severed with did not do drugs other then booze when on the rare occasion when we where out of the bush. I had heard the you could get smoke in the villages, but my team and my platoon never used. For us the bottom line was to get home, or as we sometimes called it, BACK TO THE BIG PX.

I stopped in to see my father about 1975 and we where talking and the news was on T.V., it was about how many of our troops where addicted to drugs, he turned to me and said, THERE ALL A BUNCH OF YELLOW BELLIED COWARDS, I got up walk out and did not see him again tell 1980 when both my wife to be and a aunt that loved both of us got us together again.
I did not start drugs until 1978, crank, coke, pot. I stopped all but smoking in 1981 and have missed few days of smoking ever since.
I keep a 44.40 on my left unloaded and the rounds on my right. But if I have been smoking that's where they stay. If for some reason some idiot come around, my dog will let me know first. And then the adrenalin rush will do the rest. When my adrenalin hits me I am instantly straight.

So no, any one that is not in control of their self, stoned, boozed or any thing else does not need to have a weapon of any kind handy.
When you kill, you have crossed a line in life that you can never return from.

Just wanted to say I truely thank all of our Men and women who have faught for my freedom.

Latest posts

Back