100w mh

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dr_toker81

'Re'Member???
Reaction score
so ok i found these 100 watt MH i wanted to use for my vegging in stead of the 3456983948590343 cfls i have running into one breaker... but i thought i could just screw them into any plain light socket since the wattage wasnt very high. but i was very wrong... i have always used cfls and know absolutley nothing about ballast... i need major help... i already went and spent 100$ on these mh's and dont want to return them.. i need to know if there is a ballast out there that i can maybe split into 3 sections " one for each light... any input from the experts out there... it would be very much apriciated! thanks guys "THE PAIN IN THE A**"

am i gonnab e able to switch the hps with same ballast if i get 3 of them or will i have to buy different ones for those???? ive already sunk a ton of cash into this project and its getting rediculas.... i mea dont get me wreong. i love my hobby its just getting a bit expensive. i think i just mgihtmight ebay all my struff and get a sun system .. they jsut got a new 600wt in at the new hydro store in town.. i dunno man....

thats why its usually better to either order a whole kit online or go to an indoor garden shop and get one. Then you could buy a switchable digital ballast setup with the bulb/reflector hood/ballast.

thanks man ill have to write that down. i heard digital was alot better... thanks man you were alot of help without me havin to do a ton of research.. if anybody else has any input feel free to do so

You can buy conversion bulbs as most of us do. I have HPS ballasts but run MH conversion bulbs for veg. This hobby can get expensive--almost as bad as going out and paying $100 for 6 gram's of pig-in-a-poke.

no doubt bro no doubt. im just figurin it out for the long ron.. soon enough all ill need to be buyin is my beans and maybe some replacement bulbs.. i also been reserching an led grow.;.. i think that looks so neart but those ufos look very very exspensice as well!!

Are you saying that you spent $100 for 100W MH bulbs only? How many did you buy? ALL fluoros and HID lights need ballasts.

Unfortunately, you may be better off chucking these and buying what you really need already made up, rather than trying to get ballast, cords, reflectors, and sockets for these bulbs and then still having to assemble it all. You can get a 600W digital setup from HTG for $200...

i got 4-100w mh a 150w hps and 6-120wt cfls and 4-75 wt blues and a 100w red spec. and ordereda 4 ballast today... i just had to go on a shopping spree today... oh yeah i got a digital ph meter and some other fox farms goodies. some vermic/sang. organic soil.

yay for me

Trade the 100w's in for 1 400 watt switchable ballast system then when needed just switch mh bulb with hps and switch ballast to hps setting and keep on growin!>)

depending on your skill level you can get 100w mh ballast kits for like 15$ but unless you reeeealy know what you are doing or have done similar before i wouldnt use those.

Latest posts

Back