12 and 12 or 10 and 14 ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gary18

Reaction score
Okay, nine weeks in, 1000 hps, FFOF, Big and Tiger at 1/2 strenght, large tight buds, beleave it a Sativa, thin leaves dark green. Now I've been on the 12-12 for nine weeks and the ( hairs ), are still 1/2 in long and showwing no signs of color change. Sorry no working camera right now.
Question ? Will reducing my hours of light help or hurt at this point?
Thanks folks.

it will not hurt it! unless u go to total darkness! i heard of some people on a different forum switch there timer to 14/10 around the 6/7 week! they say it promotes more trich sites and stuff cuz the plant thinks winter is coming and promotes more trichs to protect the flower in winter! also it will save u a lil on pge too! get some pics up when u can

It'll hurt your yield and your flower time. Leave it at 12/12 and let her go until she is done. Don't mess with the light schedule.

:yeahthat:

Just leave em dude..

unless you have a trick up your sleeve that mother nature doesn't know...

try not to think of the goood smoke you have coming:)

:yeahthat:

Not sure why you think that going to a 14/10 schedule would be of any benefit. Keep your light schedule at 12/12. The color of the pistils have nothing to do with the maturity of the plant. Sativa dominant strains can take 12-14 weeks to finish. The only true way to tell if a plant is ready for harvest is to examine the trichs with a 30x or better magnification. When you harvest depends in part on the type of high you want. More cloudy trichs for an up high, more amber for a more couch lock high.

Thanks too all, so far the " Leave it alone votes are leading, Hemp Goddess pulls alot of wieght here, read lots of your postings this year and all have been good advisings. My micro got a clouded lens 2 wks ago and I'm 2 wks away from making a trip to town. Have a nieghbor backed his lights off 2hrs and his trichs started developing at a quicker rate, but have a frind farther north that did the same and had his plants reveg on him or at least start a hole new growth of leaf start that set him back weeks.
I trust most of the folks here as I have gotten LOTS of very good advice.
Thanks again to all, and still watching the inputs.
Merry Buds too all.

:yeahthat: i talked to a few people and they turned there lights off for 14 and on for 10 and the trichs developed faster also! so someone else did it and it revegged with only 10 hours of light???

trichs have EVERYTHING to do when its time to harvest and tell its maturity! who ever said anything about color of pistils???? i like when i got 50% amber and 50% cloudy little mushroom trichs! o i love them, there like candy :aok:

Leave them at 12/12.
Whats your ph? You may be blocking out the nutes with improper ph.
Do you have any light leaks?

Leave at 12/12.Trichomes are the key not the pistils. I am growing the hog and 1 of my girls has bright orange hairs all over the buds. They are 5 weeks into flower today .I checked the trichs, all clear. I have 3 different phenotypes, she looks like the Hogbreath pheno, I hope.:hubba: anyways let her grow and get a scope to check out the trichs. Peace and grow safe:watchplant:

I was thinking of going 11/13 since i have sativa dom nepalese and 14/10 for my indicas in the future (on/off) 14 hours of light may reveg sativas

..Scientific studies quoted in Clarkes MJ Botany, found that nearlly twice as much thc is produced under 12 hours of light than under10 hours. When given opportunity, I will always choose 'scientific' fact/studies over "talking to people"....;)
IME/O shortening light hours will 'prolong' flowering. diminish yeild, and lower potency.

Thank you again, I will just leave them at 12/12, when both fellow growers and the sientific world have a majority agreement. I'll go with it.
Enjoy all, will keep ya posted on the outcome.

Latest posts

Back