1st Time Growers 1st Plant...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SmokeWay4

Holy Sic! SooOOoo Sticky!
Reaction score
Hello! I'm new here but have been reading these forums for a while now. I've just about done growing my first plant and wanted to just post what I did and some pictures in hopes of getting some feedback and advice on my next plants. This plant was grown from a seed. Not sure what kind this is. My friend gave my this plant when it was a baby because he lost his grow space. My setup consists of a hollowed out dresser with the drawer fronts able to pop on and off to make it look like a legit piece of furniture. For light I have 4 little twisty CFL lights, and a small house fan with the plastic guard taken off screwed to the bottom of the box. Ive only used regular tap water filtered through one of those Brita water filters. This first set of pictures is my plant on 2-14-10. Starting to bud. Not very dense nugs tho.

POST1-2.jpg

Post1-.jpg

Post1-1.jpg

Post1.jpg

Here's some pics of my box and the plant on 3-14-10. The drawer faces just snap on and look like a normal dresser. Any advice for my next grow would be greatly appreciated! Thanks and Keep Smokin'!

Post2-.jpg

post2.jpg

Post2-1.jpg

Post2-3.jpg

I could hit ya with the not enough light, height, width, etc, etc stuff, but it is what it is and you will yield not so much but at least you're growing and learning as u go. How much u hoping to yield with her. Dresser idea is great, i like the hollowed out stuff that hides it, i've seen some good ones lately. Are u venting and bringing in fresh air other then the fan? what's your temps? The lack of light is why you have not very dense nug's. what size CFL's and what color spectrum you using?

Edit - Just saw your pictures she is stretching badly and the dresser isn't going to hold it and I'm not sure you have room enough to start some LST with her. You also need to consider at least getting a couple of 9.00 reflectors to direct more light to your plants.

Thanks for the tips! didnt have any yield expectations for her cuz i havent grown before. and i just have a vent hole down by the fan. Not the best kind of air circulation to grow but it was built in a pinch. but it was already streaching badly when i got her. My next grow will definitely be with a new, proper light setup and with 2 clones ill get from the club. And ill line my box with some Mylar. ill have more time to setup the grow box.

Do you think that the dresser is lightproof? This will cause enormous stress later in flowering if there is any light leak during the 12h dark period. I would suggest to you to check the section regarding grow room design for your next grow.Last year when I started this journey of growing the guys and gals there helped me very much just by reading the threads I didn't have to post any questions because every aspect was discussed. I hope she will be fine and will give you good high times!

Looks like a Sativa, it's not too bad! Are you using light bulbs? With the size of your grow box, flourscents will be a far better idea and some people even use flourscents to flower, but light bulbs are good for keeping the box warm anyhows, but no more than 85F or growth will start to slow down.

Paint the interior walls flat white, not glossy white- artist's titanium flat white is most reflective, unless the interior is already white?

As Jackson1 mentioned, ventilation is a must. CO2 around leaves are quickly used and must be cycled with fresh air.

EDIT: If the front of your drawers are not covered with glass or plexiglass please disregard the next paragraph lol.

If it was my box I would cut a hole through the box the size of a modded small fan maybe 6 inches across (stands removed) and prop up the small fan in between the hole and make another very small hole somewhere else on the other side so new air goes in and the old air gets pushed out.

Cheapest solution.

Ricochet Ranger said:
In this era of jeans and t-shirts, that is a great use of a dresser. I thought of a faux-dresser, but I went with a clothes closet instead. Similar expectations... just trying my first crop to see how it turns out... not going for any awards, just some personal recreational stash. My set-up is linked below. Good luck...

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?p=689500#post689500

RR this thread is over a year old.....lol:holysheep:

I like your moxy though....:)

Hamster Lewis said:
RR this thread is over a year old.....lol:holysheep:

I like your moxy though....:)

Hey Hamster ...this is what happens when I surf the smoke-site with a little buzzin' between my eyes... oh well, time to order a pizza...

Ricochet Ranger said:
Hey Hamster ...this is what happens when I surf the smoke-site with a little buzzin' between my eyes... oh well, time to order a pizza...

Or make fresh King crab, artichoke, frenso chile and roasted garlic dip with assortment of crackers. :holysheep:

nouvellechef said:
Or make fresh King crab, artichoke, frenso chile and roasted garlic dip with assortment of crackers. :holysheep:

Yes please.......:D Do you deliver?

Latest posts

Back