2 400s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rasta

CHILD OF GOD
Reaction score
hey guys,,, whats up ,quick ?,,,i have all the room in the world ,,,,what is the most plants i should grow under 2 400 hps (hortilux),,,

How ever many you can fit in about 18sqft. Preferably kept short and bushy.

kiksroks said:
How ever many you can fit in about 18sqft. Preferably kept short and bushy.
:aok:!!
as many as 20 in a SOG setup, as few as 4 in a SCROG...:confused2:...
you just can't use "plant numbers" as a guide or reference. It is dependent on your area/size and your style/method of growing rasta.
rasta said:
i have a 10 x10 room
WAAAY too large for only 2-400 watt lights..."waaaay"!!
To sufficiently light 100 sq ft, you're looking at closer to 5- 1000 watters.

Hey Rasta- How you and Lady Rasta doing? Hope all is well.

I've run several grows with 2 - 400's and got pretty decent results- not great, but decent. I've grown as many as 6 plants under them but kept the space to 2.5' x 4'. You could probably go a little bigger depending on your reflectors but I don't know if you'd want to put any more plants than 6. I've yielded about the same with 2 plants as with 6, but I vegged the 2 plants for 8 weeks and only had to veg the 6 plants for 6 weeks.

I wouldn't go any larger than 16 square feet with them and wouldn't go over 6 plants. IMHO you would not get any more yield by increasing plant count.

Good luck to you!

rasta said:
i have a 10 x10 room

In order to grow "top shelf" buds you will need a lot more light as Hick mentioned. Or, you could section off your room with panda film to make it smaller. 3'x6' would be ideal. If you are starting from clones I would flower them almost immediately after putting them in the pots, like a week of veg at most. I would try to get 8 plants at most of that size in there. As long as you have proper ventilation, and all the other bases covered you will be able to grow nice buds with that type of setup.

I have a 6'x4' room with 12 plants in it flowered at less than 1' under a 1kw HPS. They average about 28" in height and look pretty damn impressive to me.

Hick said:
:aok:!!
as many as 20 in a SOG setup, as few as 4 in a SCROG...:confused2:...
you just can't use "plant numbers" as a guide or reference. It is dependent on your area/size and your style/method of growing rasta.

WAAAY too large for only 2-400 watt lights..."waaaay"!!
To sufficiently light 100 sq ft, you're looking at closer to 5- 1000 watters.

:yeahthat: :yeahthat:

Hick no wonder your Man around here!! Read My Mind!! lol

kiksroks said:
In order to grow "top shelf" buds you will need a lot more light as Hick mentioned.

I have a 6'x4' room with 12 plants in it flowered at less than 1' under a 1kw HPS. They average about 28" in height and look pretty damn impressive to me.

YEP, your setup sounds nice!,, My closet is 10'x2.5', I use 2 600hps and an 400hps in the middle. I grow 12 nice strong/frosty plants under!, But sometimes I wonder if I could put 2 1kws in it ! lol My 600s are hot and my buddy swears that 1kws are not any hotter? Dont know?!?, but Im good, I Put my girls in flower at about 15"-18" Seems to be just right for the end product @ about 36" or so for my set up... And Bro that is packed at the end So Pretty lol

BudLover#69 said:
YEP, your setup sounds nice!,, My closet is 10'x2.5', I use 2 600hps and an 400hps in the middle. I grow 12 nice strong/frosty plants under!, But sometimes I wonder if I could put 2 1kws in it ! lol My 600s are hot and my buddy swears that 1kws are not any hotter? Dont know?!?, but Im good, I Put my girls in flower at about 15"-18" Seems to be just right for the end product @ about 36" or so for my set up... And Bro that is packed at the end So Pretty lol

One Ks are hotter, a lot hotter. I run 2 600W in a 3 x 6.5' space. A while back one of my 600W ballasts died, so in the interim, I put my 1000W in there in place of the 600W--so I had 1600W in there. The temps raised significantly. If it had not been winter, I would have had a hard time keeping things cool enough.

BudLover#69 said:

Thanks, I think its getting there. Always need something upgraded or fixed though it seems. . .

With highs in the mid 80's and lows in the 50's outside my room has yet to exceed 78 under the light. I use a crappy 4' converted hydrofarm hood with a 4" can fan for cooling and ventilation running the light 7pm to 7am. The fan and ballast are mounted in the attic above my grow room. The room draws the air from inside my house and exhausts it outside. I used the same light last grow with the same or better outside conditions without the fan and ran about 92. I will not attempt to grow in the summer with 100+ highs.

Once this run is done (chop this weekend!!!!) I will hook up a larger fan and ducting in hopes of improving ventilation and yield. (I really want to overkill the ventilation but don't want too much noise. . . any suggestions?) I plan to use the 4 inch fan/ducting for a t5 lit veg tent. I hope the tent will be ok year round because i plan to keep some mothers/clones in it year round. . .

If you want your fan to be quieter, buy a good quality one and a larger one than you need and put it on a speed controller.

Latest posts

Back