2 ques. drooping and HPS,MH bulbs..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deuce

Reaction score
ok first ques.... how come an hr before the lights go off the plants leaves droop...?? and when the lights come on they r perky again... its like clock work... second ques... I wanna upgrade frm cfls to hps 400watt for flowering... what is the hps and mh conversion bulb...?? and isn't hps just more practical since its good for both stages where as mh is only good for veg rite??? and question bout nutes... I got mg soil and I used mg nutes aand got burned.. so I stopped bout 2wks now and they r great now... should I still get organic nutes or jus stay off nutes til flowering since I already got burned awhile ago??? thnx for da help...

Not an expert but hopefully one will jump in here to further answer your questions. no idea about the drooping.over watering will cause drooping but i don't know why your plants would droop at the same time every night. Mh will give you more usable light during the veg cycle but hps will help with flowering. the mh conversion bulb means you can use it in the same ballast. myself and most of the people on here would recommend purchasing both bulbs if possible. and now about your soil. How old are your plants? how long untill you switch to 12/12. which kind of mg soil are you using, the stuff that claims to last for three months?

your plants droop and perk up again naturally every day,kinda like they going too sleep and waking up :)

I am one who would NOT recommend the conversion bulb. CFLs do a fine job of vegging and, IMO, the difference in growth between fluoros and MH is negligible. I have a 400W MH that I no longer use. I use a T5 fluoro to veg my plants--have as many watts and still have lush green growth with close internodal spacing. Flowering, however is a different story. There is nothing like a HPS to flower. The size of your light is dependent on the size of your grow area. You want 5000 lumens per sq ft.

I think that you would be better off if you got rid of the MG soil and nutes. Although there are some here that have good luck with MG soil, most new growers have trouble like you have. I would encourage you to read up on different soil mixtures and also to buy nutrients made for MJ plants.

I run a MH conversion bulb in my 400 HPS lamp. I just bought it because I wanted a back-up bulb anyway, in case the HPS bulb burns out. I can swap the other bulb in, no matter what phase I am growing, until I get a replacement.

I also have a couple cheap 15 watt flouro fixtures on the side of my closet. I use just these during germination, then hang them up vertically.

If you use mg no need for nuts for 3 months.

deuce said:
ok first ques.... how come an hr before the lights go off the plants leaves droop...?? and when the lights come on they r perky again... its like clock work...
ITs a natural cycle where the plant is more or less asleep ;)

duce said:
second ques... I wanna upgrade frm cfls to hps 400watt for flowering... what is the hps and mh conversion bulb...?? and isn't hps just more practical since its good for both stages where as mh is only good for veg rite???
The 400Hps will be great for flowering :aok: best pick IMO for it. A conversion bulb is just a MH light built to work in an HPS lamp. And HPS will grow all stages jsut fine as will an MH or CFls. MH and cool white flos for veg and warm white flos or HPS for flower ;)

duce said:
and question bout nutes... I got mg soil and I used mg nutes aand got burned.. so I stopped bout 2wks now and they r great now... should I still get organic nutes or jus stay off nutes til flowering since I already got burned awhile ago??? thnx for da help...

Give her a good flush (3x the ammount of water to potter e.g. 3 gal potter 9 gal of water) let her dry out and then only use flower nutes ive gorwn in MG well and so long as you watch it it will grow it well ;)I dont use their nutes though.

Latest posts

Back