2 weeks in soil now and no real growth

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

specialed

Reaction score
I need help something isnt right.
here is details
sprouted in plug i let grow to about 2 inches high
potted plug in miracle gro soil
water every 2-3 days
1000 watt mh 2 1/2 feet above tops
was 24/7 light went to 18/6 a week ago
2 weeks in soil yesterday
no nutrients given yet

what am i missing?

pic attached

1107091006.jpg

Too much water, they are drowning.

Buy some un nutrient added potting soil.

Get them out of that shredded tree bark rubbish.

:peace:

well i can say your 'no nutrients given' quote is probably shot down as you planted in miracle grow soil ;) (they like to add nutes in everything)
but that shouldn't really be the main problem here.

is this just one plant of many? or your lone plant?

there are 4 of them same thing on all of them. thats why i assume i did something wrong or im just impatient.
not over watered maybe its 3-4 days i could be wrong on that i wait until meter shows needing water.
soil ph is right under 7 also

should i start with changing the soil? if so what should I use

I will do that today.
do i leave them in un nutes soil for ever?
if so when should i start adding nutes?
how do i tell if its time to cut lights down to less light?

thanks I will pick up the fox farms today.
thanks again

picked it up and will add some perlite to it as well. should be good to go now

i'd back the light up a bit too if i were you.... about a foot higher.... once growth has resumed, and healthy, drop it back down to your previous height....

a seedling that small getting that much light is almost overkill.... add that in with the bad soil and you've got a recipe for disaster....

one other note.... a light that big and that close is going to reflect a lot of heat towards your babies.... you could fry the little guys in a matter of a couple hours if you're not careful.... how are your day/night temps?

I brought the light up to about 3.5 feet
as for temps its about 80 in the day and i do not know at night.
I do not have a temp reader but i will pick one up. what should the temps be?
has constant fan and its in garage but i open doors and clear the air everyday.

the day temp is fine.... around 75 would be ideal, but 80's not bad....

make sure the fan is not trained directly on the seedlings and blowing too hard....

you can also get a cheap thermometer/hygrometer from radio shack for around $20.... i've got an old one that records the max and mins for both so you can get some pretty accurate readings.... mine is also rigged up to hang from my reflector about 6" directly above the canopy center.... if my temps there are in check, the plants below will be mighty fine....

Yo Ho specialed,

I have to agree whole heart with Hippy and Flesh about this. Kaotik and Mindzeye are in there too. You need a good rich soil, that is mixed with perlite for the airation, You got to be giving those little darlings the best chance to start growing. The light can be an issue certainly too.

I like to use three gallon containers, and I blend my own soils for whatever I am growing. I do mix differently depending on rather it is a Sativa, or it is an Indica. I have found that Sativas like a more sandy soil, (coarse sand). Dark rich and loamy for a Indica, but lots of perlite for breathing well.

Sounds like you right in there for some fine tuning. Trust the guys here friend, they have years of growing under their belt and no one would try to steer you wrong. In fact we love to see great crops, even single plants where it is obvious that you are doing your homework.

Temps during lights on should be right in at 76*-78* degrees (F)
and down to no lower than 68*-74* degrees for the dark, this is during the veg as well as the flowering...

Good Luck on your grow pal.

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna:cool:

thanks i appreciate the feedback i will the thermomitor in a day or two. i have air blowing on them maybe i should back that off as well just in case

Latest posts

Back