Hi from Coastal NC, 2nd year growing.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More pics from last year.
6D7F8BBC-94EF-4AD5-827E-549F2E9B8A11.jpeg
74925F4B-BB70-4FBF-8886-D71DB011C115.jpeg
D1D968B2-1BEB-4E52-A149-521528E7BA81.jpeg
2A5AB3DF-D11A-465C-A769-9301BA0EE526.jpeg
BC45F91C-4B1C-46D0-8B04-C38F331D1686.jpeg
F77F6302-9741-45C9-ACDA-AC617E19124B.jpeg
7547C561-70E6-4B73-9B40-4C2FCEA39E1B.jpeg
1852CB81-C4C5-40E8-8B0D-C544EC2C0A6A.jpeg
4ABF77C8-78D3-4A05-A7F6-447FC7F84673.jpeg
87468077-ED57-4DE1-A81C-0FEE17119F76.jpeg

So what’s happening over in VA BEACH? I just might be a little south of you, like well, we got great surf where I live. If you like big barrels.
The surfers are always out with every storm. My surfing days are over. Va Beach has no good waves but still is full at the surfing areas so maybe I’m wrong…

The surfers are always out with every storm. My surfing days are over. Va Beach has no good waves but still is full at the surfing areas so maybe I’m wrong…
I will be honest. Good hurricane swell and here came Va Beachers. But hey, you want to surf too. Thats what I say now. In the 80’s I wrote a song for a band I played in back then. I can always remember the first verse I wrote but never the second verse and it’s so cheesy and so bad.

here we go

Riding down the road trying to look cool
board on top surf is flat looking like a fool
got a personalize license on his jacked up four-wheel-drive
can’t believe it’s a surfer, ’cause that’s a bunch of jive

plastic man, plastic man, would you melt and run if the heat was turned on
plastic man plastic man, go back va beach get off our piece of land..

OK pretty hateful of me but not a bad rhyme.

peace!

I will be honest. Good hurricane swell and here came Va Beachers. But hey, you want to surf too. Thats what I say now. In the 80’s I wrote a song for a band I played in back then. I can always remember the first verse I wrote but never the second verse and it’s so cheesy and so bad.

here we go

Riding down the road trying to look cool
board on top surf is flat looking like a fool
got a personalize license on his jacked up four-wheel-drive
can’t believe it’s a surfer, ’cause that’s a bunch of jive

plastic man, plastic man, would you melt and run if the heat was turned on
plastic man plastic man, go back va beach get off our piece of land..

OK pretty hateful of me but not a bad rhyme.

peace!
Haha. I take it you didn’t care for the surfers back then. I spent a lot of time on the beaches in my younger day and was always trying something in the water. I could only get a ride on a long board. That went away when I learned to throw a cast net. 🤣 Great song Richie. Do you still sing and play?

They look great
Hi and HRU all? My name is Rich and I live in coastal North Carolina. Did my first grow last year in the backyard and there are some pics below. This year I have three guerrilla sites and five ladies in the back of my yard. Married, 62 years old, kids and dogs, hurricane zone, lost one last year early to Ian.

I ask a lot of questions, and try to share my good and bad experiences. Been on a cpl other sites and they seem to have an attitude sometimes and not very helpful. Looking forward to interacting here.

last year was a accidental Road sort of. I had a few beans left over from personal consumption and I threw a middle part and next thing you know they’re popping up like I’ve got a bunch of times. And a bunch of times I’ve yanked him out vote him in the trash as I was like nope not gonna do this but this year or rather last year I let them go and ended up with three pretty decent ladies. I got about 3/4 of a lb or so.

this year I have girls in the back like I said and three guerilla sites. Site 1, Humboldt pound cake, Bigfoot Glue, and Strawberry Cheesecake, Site 2, 2 more HP. And 2 Chunkadelic autos. Went in the ground in late April, nice and warm here by then, and went back a week later. One gone, one chewed up. Lost one Auto and 1 photo. Not cops or theeeves, it instead a dog or coyote. Since then all good and harvested the Auto this week and was pretty tasty. The photo is bushy, clear of PM or pest problems, and is so bushy it looks like Cousin It. Site 3 was composed of great soil below a layer of sand about 4-6 inches deep. They are banging. Been in the ground 7 weeks and are about 6’ tall and well hidden. Both are critical, photos. The other 2 were some more Autos. They started great, big wind came and filled the buds with a ton of sand. Lost Both.
Site 1, let me talk about those. I started under lights inside in March but, I ran a light cycle of 18 and six. Now I have a bachelors and masters degree in biology so I’m not stupid, but I pulled a stupid move and once they hit a certain size and our weather got conducive, I put them outside, and that was a mistake. What was I thinking.? 18 hours and then 11 to 12 hours, they went right into flower grew to about 3 foot that was that for four out of the six. Two out of the six finally went back and re-veg that are about 5 feet tall now and we’ll see what they do.

Pics below are first 3 pics of last year. How do I pick only 3? Next 3 are my gig’s and last 4 are backyard.

Comments always welcome and there is always surf somewhere.✌️View attachment 334440View attachment 334441View attachment 334442View attachment 334443View attachment 334444View attachment 334445View attachment 334446View attachment 334447

Welcome to the Passion. Just a heads up. We are mostly helpful and gregarious but as one would expect from a bunch of stoners, we sometimes suffer from thread drift with a healthy dose of humor. Just keep that in mind if a thread drifts into a ‘flat earth’ or ‘I’ve been arguing with my dog about the meaning of life’ slant. It happens…😂
Funniest when it drifts

Latest posts

Back