2 weeks left, mites oh no!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

headband

Reaction score
yea so i noticed some webs full of eggs on the top of my ww. Will these screw up my grow if it doenst worsen? like i said only 2 more weeks, so thell be chopped soon, what can i do to get rid of some of these jumpers... not a vacuum or a bomb or a alch spray??

I had the same darn problem 2 weeks befor harvest also on my last grow. Sorry no help from me. I just started killling them with my fingers. i was o close to harvest to use a chemical of any sort.

introduce biological pest control, get yourself some predators that feed on mites, maybe some lady bugs, lacewings, pirate bugs, rove and ground beetles, aphid midge, centipedes, Or predatory mites.

yeah its to late to use any chemicals unless you use neem oil its a natural insecticide found at organic or health shops

Why no vacume or iso spray?.. Would you prefer to smoke 'em? ;)
this late in flower, and if webs are present, predator bugs aren't going to phase them, you really shouldn't use an insecticide, neem or einstien oil are options, but the taste worse than mites.. :)
you can lower your temperatures and raise your humidity, but that will only slow their reproduction.

water and iso spray wont ruin the buds this late into flowering?
i barley notice them, somtimes every other day it seems(2nd time) theres one web on one branch of each plant, which i wipe and blow off. Im sure there comming back since i can see the eggs in the web. Should i just keep wiping them webs off untill i chop here in a bit. I cant use a vacuum in the location im at.

I had a problem with aphids near the end of a grow before. I spent an entire day brushing them off from underneath the leaves with a soft makeup brush. i also sprayed the underside of the leaves with water daily to stop them returning. Keep checking everyday. Will work with one or two plants, but too much work for many. It worked for me, just takes a lot of patience.

Never had spider mites so don't know if they could be treated similarly

headband said:
water and iso spray wont ruin the buds this late into flowering?
i barley notice them, somtimes every other day it seems(2nd time) theres one web on one branch of each plant, which i wipe and blow off. Im sure there comming back since i can see the eggs in the web. Should i just keep wiping them webs off untill i chop here in a bit. I cant use a vacuum in the location im at.

Are you sure you have spider mites?
The webs are supper tiny, smaller than a reg spider web, and usaally hard to see, the webs go from leaf to leaf. and like Hick said if you see webs you are infested with them.

Do you see little yellow spots forming on the leaves or a tiny red speck on the underside of the leaves?

Im not really sure if you can see there eggs with the naked eye.

If you do have them you better read up on how to clean them up before you grow again, these things are the devil and will keep coming back

I had a scary amount of mites on one of my planits in flower now. One big branch was to the point that if it got any worse they would be in the buds. I chopped that branch... and everyday I go in and spot check crush every mite I see... and if it's on a big leaf, I smash every bit of that leaf between my fingers. Don't seem to hurt the plant. Just doing it hard enough to flatten my finger surface. This way I crush eggs, or other mites I might not be able to see.

As of right now I have tried Neem... it did slow them down a lot... but did not kill them. Alcohol works great, add a bit of water and spray everywhere... it killed almost everything(not the plants). But I am 3 weeks from harvest and I am affraid that alcohol will F'up the trichromes. And a spray that reads "safe till the day of harvest" 3 in 1 Fungucide/insecticide/mitecide that really don't do **** to be honest.

I got my veggie/mother and my clone room clean of mites. I now have to wash and change clothes after I leave the flowering room. And there was one time I just washed my hands, then went into the clone room. Three days later I found two mites.

And I don't think you are seeing mite eggs. I am almost without a doubt that a human cannot see something as small as a Spider Mite Egg. It's hard enough for a small mite to catch your eye. The big adults, specially when they get dark are fairly easy to spot if you are looking for them. If you go to my thread just a few down from this one I have some pictures. You can see the mite damage, and even a mite on one of the leaves from a bud in this bud pic. Do your leaves have this type of damage? White-yellow spots?

Tips: Microscope... Handheld, easy to use with a light. $10 Radioshack. This is how I see eggs, and mites, and the condition they are in after I try something new.

thc is iso soluable, but dilluted and misted, concentrating on the undersides of leaves, "will" destry the mature mites, with minimal damage to the triches. Spray it on, wait 15 minutes and rinse with fresh water..You can individually wipe each leaf down with a wet rag.paper towel.ect. effectivley smashing adults and eggs, but it's a time consuming process.

NO Pest Strips will kill all the mites no problem. They are a pesticide so if you would rather smoke bugs than chemicals they not be for thee. I keep em in the growroom all the time, replacing every 6 months.

I've seen mites become totally immune to the NPStrips. NPS is an "insecticide", not a "miticide".
I've brought this to your attention before.. NPS are NOT suitable for grow rooms. READ the "Caution" label. You could spray them with DDT, AVID, Dr. DOOM or Malathion too, but you would be introducing "poison" into your body by consuming them, just as you are with the NPS.
THAT is why they are not commonly recommended by mj growers.

Hey puffin : those things use a neurotoxin as an active agent ,are you sure you want that around anything you're going put in your own body?
If you're going to keep a constant defense against unwanted guests, You will be much better off with natural predators . lace wings, predator mites ect.

rub them down with some cocktail sauce and lemon... yummmm

id spray with some garden safe insect spray, its all natural oils... them mist them with water often...

but thats what id do.

I understand they are an insecticide, but I just hate to smoke bugs.

I use 100 percent deet too against the mosquitos and black flys. That too is supposed to be bad for me. I dont like getting bit by bugs either.

Despite the supposed poisoning I am inflicting upon myself, I figger my enjoyment isnt dampened as it would be smoking or being eaten by the bugs, or the bugs affecting the yield of my grow.

Be forewarned, these NPS's are poison, bugs are organic.

When you harvest they will all leave the plant when you hang it upside down. When I hang mine they all go right to the top, then bam! the vac gets em. Good Luck!

its getting worse, im positive its mites. anyways i tryed the shop vacc idea, just mine has a little to much horses and i almosted sucked away my whole top nug. Im getting ready to harvest, mites still only on one plant and one branch of the other. What do I do to try to get rid of all the eggs and mites since i still will be flowering my mother and the reveg as well even after these two plants are done?

headband said:
its getting worse, im positive its mites. anyways i tryed the shop vacc idea, just mine has a little to much horses and i almosted sucked away my whole top nug. Im getting ready to harvest, mites still only on one plant and one branch of the other. What do I do to try to get rid of all the eggs and mites since i still will be flowering my mother and the reveg as well even after these two plants are done?

I looked at your GJ and 1/25 was the last pics, plants look great.
Do you have new pics that show the damage or even the webs?

Im still not convinced you have mites, let me ask you one more thing,
Are the webs long or are they tiny and only travel from leaf to leaf?

Even the webs from mites are very hard too see, let alone eggs.

ALso the webs wont be just a few but thick amounts form from leaf to leaf, very small runs.

But if you do use bug bombs, bleach water, vacuum every nook and crany of your grow room also your clothes and anything else that come close to being in contact with your grow.

Do you have houseplants? if so get rid of them too.

Latest posts

Back