200+ lights set up

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
senhsy said:
the only thing that worrys me is the all the heat the light will give off i'm guessing it could reach up to 45+degree celcius, even with 15 or more carbon filters running the heat out. i'm wondering if theres anywhere that sells helicopter radar system that detects helicopter coming your way. like what the air port uses.

How are you set for power I would go 480v to save but your still going to need some big amperage.

Also what good will a radar system do you? its not like your tearing that down fast.:confused:

J-E-S-U-S HOLY MAN. Wow thats something, Id like to see this all set up. Obvisouly this is for a commercial grow, unless you smoke hella weed. If thats for personal you better buy an extra freezer or maybe 2. Good luck bro keep us updated.

Well anything you do to that extreme will be a lot of work no matter how many cycles you do. That radar is tens of thousands and if they are sending helis then its too late. Spend that money on insulating if you are worried about the infared. 400 lights aint chump change either though. good luck with the wiring, I could only imagine

drop lights on chains,,, get centeral air to keep it cool

thanks mutt for the link to that site but i'm looking for something more compact that i could just plug to my laptop and set an antenna on the roof. something with the program and dish. I need it so it can give me a heads up and a 5min window so i can pull the plugs on the lights and let the building cool down before the infrared gets to the building. don't know about the states but in canada its used frequently. normally i just use my ears you could hear them at least a mile away cause they usually fly only a few feet above the house, you could even feel your window shake when there over your house but by that time its to late. i was thinking of just splitting the builing in half and using only half for the time being until the first crop then we'll see about using the other half. the equipment alone to cover the whole builing is almost $150,000. lights will be hung on chains that are pulled across the room 8ft high.

senhsy said:
thanks mutt for the link to that site but i'm looking for something more compact that i could just plug to my laptop and set an antenna on the roof. something with the program and dish. I need it so it can give me a heads up and a 5min window so i can pull the plugs on the lights and let the building cool down before the infrared gets to the building. don't know about the states but in canada its used frequently. normally i just use my ears you could hear them at least a mile away cause they usually fly only a few feet above the house, you could even feel your window shake when there over your house but by that time its to late. i was thinking of just splitting the builing in half and using only half for the time being until the first crop then we'll see about using the other half. the equipment alone to cover the whole builing is almost $150,000. lights will be hung on chains that are pulled across the room 8ft high.

So you plan on sitting in front of your laptop 24/7 and hitting the "off" switch fast?
Good luck with that.

Looks like it's gonna be one hell of a large grow. :eek: Best of luck to ya mang. ;)

just an idea...instead of spending over 10 grand on a radar, you can get one with adapters for around 2,000. go marine! use a boat radar set-up with a power converter, put your revolving arial on top inside of a tinted acrylic box...should work sweeeeeet. just an idea...

Growdude said:
So you plan on sitting in front of your laptop 24/7 and hitting the "off" switch fast?
Good luck with that.

How about the 'ole trip wire trick?
Clear fishing wire...........???

How long would you spend in prison for a grow that size ? How many sleepless nights you gonna have ? You'll never be able to stop looking over your shoulder. Stress is a killer !! You don't need it.

Keep it small, sell a spare oz or 2 a month to mates. You'll always have weed, a few quid in your pocket and you'll be able to go to sleep with a smile on your face.

Nothing against you, you're probably a great guy, but I think you're making a bad decision. For the people who love you and rely on you, I hope for their sake, you don't get caught.

Something smaller to start sounds like a good idea. Rushing into projects that large can sometime backfire and ya man the stress will ****!! Depending if thats in the US that could be a long time ig caught God forbid. That aeroflux radar you have to put all personal info. just to get a price!!! plus it needs to be for a company TOO sketchy. Not many people have that equipment, and I bet theres not many stores to pay cash that have them.

thanks for all your input, dont know about the u.s i heard some states there the death penalty for something like this. thank god i live in canda, doesn't matter how big or small its all the same manufacturing and production charge. the building already has surviellance cameras outside so don't have to worry about that but the radar is a must need nothing like the aeroflux radar thats way to big to lug around, and to costly to lose. i was thinking about the boat radar but dont' know if that works for the detecting objects in the sky, for that its only a program you buy and the rotating radar. seriously i have never heard of anyone going to prison for grow ops the reason is because you know when the cops are coming and they never are able to catch anyone on the premises. all it is you just lose out on the equipement but thats alot better than geting caught and wasting your time in court. in the u.s it might be different cops come 24/7 any time not here.

I'm sorry if i sound dumb or ignorant or whatever.... but 5 minutes isn't gonna cool down a building with that many watts that much.... ur ''radar'' idea is the most stupid thing i've ever heard.

Insulation and C3 anti detection film is all u need.... period.

KADE said:
I'm sorry if i sound dumb or ignorant or whatever.... but 5 minutes isn't gonna cool down a building with that many watts that much.... ur ''radar'' idea is the most stupid thing i've ever heard.

This is what ive been saying, thought I was missing the boat on this one.

If your that worried about it, Just dont do it. If they want ya, I guarantee they will find ya, no matter what you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back