2nd Grow: Lowryder#2 (2nd Try)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cuy103

Praying for a female!
Reaction score
What's up everyone. Unfortunately my last grow didn't go well. One died on me and the other turned out to be a male. But fortunately I learned an enourmous amount of information here (thanks to YOU ALL) so hopefully my second go-around will turn out better.

-Strain: Lowryder #2
-Lighting:
CFL's from beginning to end. Using (4)30Watt, 2000Lumen, 6500K bulbs and (3)30Watt, 2000lumen, 2100k bulbs. 7 bulbs total giving me a grand total of 14,000 Lumens. :D
-Medium: Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil. I really have no clue how many gallon pots I have. The pots I have are 6 inches deep, so I'm assuming they are around 1 to 1.5 gallons?
-Nutes/Ferts: Big Bloom, Grow Big, Tiger Bloom. Using the Fox Farm feeding schedule, I created my own schedule adjusting for the short veg time. I'll post that later.
-Grow Space, Temps, Ventilation: Growing in a 1.5'X2.2' space giving me a total of a little over 2 square feet. So I have 7,000 lumens per square feet. I think that's enough light, no? ;) The tempurature is around 80 degrees which is a TAD warm, but I have a small fan to keep my plants a little cooler and for some fresh air.

ALL advice, suggestions, questions, and comments are more than welcome!

Thanks for checking out my grow! :D

Seedlings 001.jpg

Seedlings 003.jpg

okay my friend...Good luck and KEEP M GREEN

Best of luck......lots of green mojo 4 ya!!:smoke1: :bong: :48: :goodposting:

Thanks for the support! :D

I'll post pictures tomorrow.

Looks like your off to excellent start cuy!!
The seedlings show hardy stocks that don't show any signs of stretching!!
THATS WHAT YOU WANT

KEEP-EM GREEN AND HAVE PATIENCE!!

Pic update
~a little over 2 weeks (17 days)

*Thanks GTD. I'm really happy with their growth so far. I think it's the FF nutes. :hubba: The one in the green pot has a couple of leaves curling up. Ph of soil is 6.8 and I use de-clorinated water. Maybe it's over-ferting?

IMG_0614.jpg

IMG_0618.jpg

IMG_0623.jpg

IMG_0624.jpg

IMG_0627.jpg

IMG_0629.jpg

IMG_0632.jpg

They look really nice, and ill be starting with some lowryders my self with a similar setup.

Lots of the auto strains leaves will be kinda freaky. I have had some curle in all differant ways. They look great right on schedule.
Just be careful not to push the nutrients to hard and maybe give a flush after sexing and transplanting.
GREAT JOB

they look good cuy...why nutes all ready.? you posted week 2....nutes shouldnt be given until 3-4 week and what type of soil are you useing? does it have time release nutes?..I dont want to scare you but I would look into Flushing...but I could be wrong..and I hope I am..Im just concerned for your grow my friend...I have been fallowing you since you first joined..Good luck and keep me posted...But most of all KEEP M GREEN

edit..Iread your soil..I dont think you need to add nutes for a month or more ..JMO..

I like your grow. Your plants are looking right on target man. Sometimes you can over analyze your plants. To me they look nice and healthy. I'm about two weeks behind you so I will be watching this grow.

looking awesome bud keep it up. I do have a question for u where did u get the 2100k cfls all i can find are 2700k?

Thanks GDT, I'm keeping a watchful eye on my plants I have like 2-3 leaves that curl up like that. The tips are curling up. But I don't see it as a problem. The leaves look lush green and there are no signs up nute burn. I'm going to do a flush aftering sexing.

I'm using Big Bloom from start to finish and I'm up to using full strength.
I used Grow Big for the first time at the beginning of week 2. I started with 1/2 strength. After a couple days the plants exploded in growth and looked green and healthy. So on my next watering I used full strength. I have two more waterings until the start of the 4th week. But by then I'll bbe able to tell sex and that's when I start using Tiger Bloom.

I can ALMOST tell the sex of my plants but not quite yet. I checked today and I THINK I'm seeing signs of "male-ness" with the one in the orange pot...my biggest plant, lol. I'm have a hunch it's a male because this is the time males begin to show sex (17-21 days). They are at day 18.
The plant in the green pot hasn't shown signs of either sex. So I'm crossing my fingers and hoping it's a female. If I can't tell after I've determined the "orange" plant is a male (after 21 days), then I really think it's a female. :D
I should be able to tell the sex of both my plants by the end of this week, week 3.

@4U2sm0ke - Thanks for asking! I know that we shouldn't use nutes for the first 3-4 weeks as a kind of rule of thumb. But since I'm growing an auto strain, I needed to adjust my "feeding" schedule for the short veg time. I wanted to take advantage of the Grow Big (Veg fert) so I had to use it in the first couple of weeks. The plants don't seem to mind the "extra" nutrients. :D
@Flaboy420 - Sorry bud, I mis-typed. I don't have 2100K CFL's. I meant to write 2700k. Sorry!

4u2sm0ke said:
they look good cuy...why nutes all ready.? you posted week 2....nutes shouldnt be given until 3-4 week and what type of soil are you useing? does it have time release nutes?..I dont want to scare you but I would look into Flushing...but I could be wrong..and I hope I am..Im just concerned for your grow my friend...I have been fallowing you since you first joined..Good luck and keep me posted...But most of all KEEP M GREEN

edit..Iread your soil..I dont think you need to add nutes for a month or more ..JMO..

The Fox Farm has a Nutrient Called Big Bloom used seed to finish.
0.001/ 0.30/ 0.7 plus some other small amounts of nitrogen it seems to work well on any grow epically the autos with a 10 week grow period.
I started week 3 amounts of Big Bloom 6/4/4 @ the beginning of week 2 on my Auto Ak47's.
IMO if your plant has a good sturdy stalk and is growing @ a fast rate it needs FF nutrients every other feeding.
Remember you only have a short time to work in a nutrient schedule for what the plant needs in its quick life spam.
I also use Clearex for flushes during my schedule.
On the last week Black Strap and Clearex is all I use.
So that cuts your time for nutrients down to 9 weeks.
It has always worked good for my auto grows with keeping my pH @ 6.2 to 6.5.
This is just my opinion that has worked good for me I think a lot has to do with me using 2 1000 watt lights.
Hope this helps and watch your own plants for any signs of nutrient burn. If so flush with a flushing agent and back off the nutrients

I have started another Auto Ak grow I am going to start a journal today. I will post what I am adding each day and pictures to show what the plants look like @ that time !!!!!

:D
GrandDaddyToke said:

I have started another Auto Ak grow I am going to start a journal today. I will post what I am adding each day and pictures to show what the plants look like @ that time !!!!!

Thanks for the advice.

I can't wait to read your journal! Your journals are my "how-to's."

Well, it happened again.

After carefull strunity and analyzing, it turns out both my plants are male. I'm disappointed. I was hoping at least one plant would be female.

I have a couple more seeds left. I'm going to plant three seeds this time. Hopefully I'll have better luck with more seeds. Maybe I'll have at least one female this time, lol.

I don't think I stressed out my plants. ph was good, no nute burns, plenty of lighting, little stretching, good temps (78 degrees), good ventilation, etc. I guess I got some bad luck. :rolleyes:

* I started germing the three seeds yesterday night. Hopefully by the weekend they will have sprouted and I can plant this weekend. I'll have pics posted in a couple days to start off the new grow.

Man Sorry To Here About The Boys The Plants Were Looking So Good!!
I Planted 50 my last grow and had 29 MALES!!
I hope the others will be BIG FAT GIRLS!!!

Latest posts

Back