3 tons of marijuana growing equipment, supplies dumped on BLM land

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FruityBud

Reaction score
Someone dumped 6,000 pounds of equipment and trash associated with an indoor marijuana growing operation on federal land in western Colorado.

The Garfield County Sheriff's Office and Bureau of Land Management officials want to find out who did it.

Equipment, bagged potting soil, fertilizer containers, venting and other associated trash was dumped during the last two months in Estes Gulch. That's about six miles north of Rifle, Colo. just off Colorado Highway 13.

“In addition to the substantial cost to taxpayers to clean up such a site, there can be environmental and human health risks associated with these illegal dumps from hazardous pesticides, fertilizers and unknown liquids and powders,” says Colorado River Valley Field Manager Steve Bennett.

A BLM ranger found the site last week. Clean up is complete, but the investigation continues.

hxxp://tinyurl.com/6hktnvj

Wonder what "unknown liquids and powders were"?

Dump fees must be excessive there in Colorado. Not what I expect to see in the news with their new pot law.

Thanks Fruity.

thats crazy i would have salvaged what was salvageable

FruityBud said:
Someone dumped 6,000 pounds of equipment and trash associated with an indoor marijuana growing operation on federal land in western Colorado.

The Garfield County Sheriff's Office and Bureau of Land Management officials want to find out who did it.

Equipment, bagged potting soil, fertilizer containers, venting and other associated trash was dumped during the last two months in Estes Gulch. That's about six miles north of Rifle, Colo. just off Colorado Highway 13.

“In addition to the substantial cost to taxpayers to clean up such a site, there can be environmental and human health risks associated with these illegal dumps from hazardous pesticides, fertilizers and unknown liquids and powders,” says Colorado River Valley Field Manager Steve Bennett.

A BLM ranger found the site last week. Clean up is complete, but the investigation continues.

hxxp://tinyurl.com/6hktnvj

was just thinking about you Fruity...Hope all is well in your world...Now why couldnt they drop that crap Here...???

:48:

wow! i know exactly where thats at! too bad the feds found it first

dump fees arent real expensive here but there is sooo much national forest and BLM land around people take the easy way and trash the foothills

there is absolutely no need for dumping. just plain lazy and ignorant!

I wonder why they dumped it, it must have not been any good.

YEAH, I'll admit to dumping used soil when I first started 15 yrs ago but have since began just retilling onto my back lot of my property. KInda felt bad about the grabage bags just settin there and doing nothing.

Like I said, now I just go outside and fill holes in :)

p.s. Never once did I dump out any chems or ferts, lamps and such, that's just not good for the local watershed.

i live near there and the illegals are always dumping trash wherever they can get away with it

People dump all kinds of things washers,dryers,couches,you name it they dump it. Sad, They are trash themselves!!!

Latest posts

Back