3 Weeks vacatoin and come home to this.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3 weeks isn't bad and I Won't do that AGAIN!!!! ;)
I been home for 11 days now have I have given them Girls, the, "TLC", she needs with just watering and there doing Good now and See a change in there growth, but Not in the leaf & tips do to they are still brown looking, like they been Over feed, and the smell of the lemon has some what gone away.. Thought maybe the citus of the lemon has given the brown leaf look if given to much. I don't know so I backed off. 1 Tsp of lemon juice to a gal of water.
The night I got home I check the bottom of the bucket (through the drain holes) and also have a hole on the side of bucket to test with my moister tester and I can say they where about 3 more days of being real dry, but the top of the soil was DRY Dry. Water she says.

Here some up dated pix.

4-5 022.jpg

4-5 020.jpg

4-5 023.jpg

let see... rising the dead, check.... can you turn water to wine good sir?

lemon juice as a ph modifier only lasts for like 12hrs.

Nice job on the resurection I have played the craps game with my girls too. It's usually better than asking soMeone to help, then they think you owe them something. So I too would rather gamble on myself rather than someone else.

lotek said:
let see... rising the dead, check.... can you turn water to wine good sir?

lemon juice as a ph modifier only lasts for like 12hrs.

Lemon juice might last 12 hours but it works for me.;)
I once turn water into wine once the blood got stirred.:hubba:
I also turned the living to the Dead and the dead got buried.:D

BGrimey420Nice job on the resurection I have played the craps game with my girls too. It's usually better than asking soMeone to help, then they think you owe them something. So I too would rather gamble on myself rather than someone else.
Never hurt to ask a Question and see what other would do.;) I always end up doing it my way anyway and it called T.L.C...;)

By the way these Girls are Northern Lights..

congrats on ur come back. alot of strains also have a citrus pheno. could that b what ur smelling?

docfishwrinkle said:
congrats on ur come back. alot of strains also have a citrus pheno. could that b what ur smelling?

No it Lemon juice Flavor all the way..
when ur in flower give ur girls a 1/2 Tsp or so to gal of water and see what u come up with.? By the way check ur Ph level before hand as this Will lower the Ph alot..;)
The only reason I am using Lemon Juice is to hide the smell of the Green Fresh Bud, it does have a smell at times when i wallk into my shed..
Next run I want to try some other fruit juice pineapple, or Grape and see what happens.. Mmm might be tasty.:hubba:

keep temp at 60 65 degres, med humidity, water them!!! lol ASAP and breath on them.. the CO2 will help... put a radio in there they like music.... they were probly depressed cuz u left em alone! lol

Adding fruit juices to your soils will not create taste it will only add simple sugars to your soil. And attract bugs. If looking for fruity flavors in your buds then you need to get some genetics along the line of Papaya, Mango Strawberry cough Blue Berry ect...take care..

ThickKaliKushkeep temp at 60 65 degres, med humidity, water them!!! lol ASAP and breath on them.. the CO2 will help... put a radio in there they like music.... they were probly depressed cuz u left em alone! lol

Temps is down except during the day and need to buy a small porterable water cooler so I can hook up a water cooler to it to keep the air on the Kool side during the heat of the day..
I breath all over them for about a 1/2 hour and a CO2 set-up would be Good..

Sir_TokieAdding fruit juices to your soils will not create taste it will only add simple sugars to your soil. And attract bugs. If looking for fruity flavors in your buds then you need to get some genetics along the line of Papaya, Mango Strawberry cough Blue Berry ect...take care..
You got that right about the Bugs !!:confused: there little Black bugs that likes to fly and the bugs aren't hurting anything as I can see, but there alot..

Genetics buds, Yea those are my next order in a few months..

Are the bugs coming from the soil? If so there's a product out there called Diatomacious Earth, you place about a 1/4" or so of a layer on your soil and water it in. If bugs are in your soil thats not good they will feed off of your root system and can stress or damage your babies. BTW your girls look alot better now nice recovery. Also if you use the D E remember to use a dust mask at the least, this stuff is bad for the lungs, but 100% organic...take care..PS for the flying bug use some sticky fly strips.

Sir_Tokie said:
Are the bugs coming from the soil? If so there's a product out there called Diatomacious Earth, you place about a 1/4" or so of a layer on your soil and water it in. If bugs are in your soil thats not good they will feed off of your root system and can stress or damage your babies. BTW your girls look alot better now nice recovery. Also if you use the D E remember to use a dust mask at the least, this stuff is bad for the lungs, but 100% organic...take care..PS for the flying bug use some sticky fly strips.

Thanks! These Girls Needed the T.L.C.
The bugs are on top of soil and don't see any coming out of the soil..
That stuff u said to use and use a mask, Na that not for me or my grow room if I got to wear a mask..
Fly strips would probally be alot better in the Long run.

Awwww man you have gnats and it sounds like its a bad infestation of them too. Them little non flying ones that are coming out of the soil are root eaters until they get to the top and fly away. Let your potters dry out and put down a small dish of apple vinegar to lure the flying ones to it, or a fly strip i use both :giggle: they get the apple smell and want it and next thing you know they are all going HELP MEEEEE!! as for the burning at the tips and the tacoing of the leaf it looks like some over feeding id do a pH check (water runoff not soil) and adjust as needed. Remember many strains don't necessarily need much in the way of extra foods and the whole concept of feeding is/was more prominent for hydro/DWC than soil mixes, soil tends to have what a plant wants/ needs in it already and the roots will find it some extra here and there wont hurt but if its too much and too regular it can/ will hurt. MOJO-A-GOGO for a speedy recovery.

Dubbaman said:
Awwww man you have gnats and it sounds like its a bad infestation of them too. Them little non flying ones that are coming out of the soil are root eaters until they get to the top and fly away. Let your potters dry out and put down a small dish of apple vinegar to lure the flying ones to it, or a fly strip i use both :giggle: they get the apple smell and want it and next thing you know they are all going HELP MEEEEE!! as for the burning at the tips and the tacoing of the leaf it looks like some over feeding id do a pH check (water runoff not soil) and adjust as needed. Remember many strains don't necessarily need much in the way of extra foods and the whole concept of feeding is/was more prominent for hydro/DWC than soil mixes, soil tends to have what a plant wants/ needs in it already and the roots will find it some extra here and there wont hurt but if its too much and too regular it can/ will hurt. MOJO-A-GOGO for a speedy recovery.

Thanks Dubb.!
Yea I put some fly strips onto the pots and my dad have gave me some stuff just for that and have to sit and try to read the Instruction if I can and go from there..
Ph is fine because of the lemon juice and I check when going in and any run off and both are fine..
Learnning as I Grow and I can say that my first grow was the best.;)

Wonder how long does a bottle of Fox farm feed last someone.?

When feeding mine what I do is feed them until I see a little tip burn on the plant. Then back off just a little this way I find out how much each strain will handle. For example my Papays can take almost anything I throw at them they are nute junkies. They get feed full strenth every time I water them. But last yr I grew some K2 and they could never handle more than 3/4 strength nute schedule. So it all depends on your feed schedule and the strain you are growing as to how long your bottle of nutes last...take care..

Sir_Tokie said:
When feeding mine what I do is feed them until I see a little tip burn on the plant. Then back off just a little this way I find out how much each strain will handle. For example my Papays can take almost anything I throw at them they are nute junkies. They get feed full strenth every time I water them. But last yr I grew some K2 and they could never handle more than 3/4 strength nute schedule. So it all depends on your feed schedule and the strain you are growing as to how long your bottle of nutes last...take care..

So ur saying that with ur papays u give her full strenth of what FF says each watering.?
K2 only get say 1 tsp.?
Is N.L. a light weight or can handle full strenth.? I haven't been able to give any of my plants but low dose of F.F. every 2 weeks and still have the brown tip look, but that can be from my Abuse for the 3 weeks gone..

Yes with my Papayas i follow the Fox Farms nute schedule to the tee. But on day 10 and day 35 i add cal-mag when in flower. Also 3 times through out the grow about once every 2 weeks I add molasas. As for the K2 I grew. It would only handle about 3/4's strength of those same nutes. I never mix one batch to cover all the diffrent strains. Each strain has it's own batch of nutes mixed, they are dialed in to what each strain can handle. As for your NL I have not yet grown any so I don't know what they can take. If you flush them, then the next time you water feed them 1/2 strength and build from there. But the most important thing about MJ IMO is the Ph of water and soil if they are not right you'll play hell fixing any problem they have. 80% of problems with MJ always revert back to PH from what I've seen...take care..

Try watering from the bottom instead of the top, that helps dry the soil where the little nasty bugs are laying their eggs. I sometimes get them in my xmas catus, and watering from the bottom helped get rid of them last year in my MJ.

yeah 2 everything tokie said. ive found alot "white" strains are sensitive to f.f. full strength. also depends on substrate also. ive had a strain in dirt & in coco & coco could take over full where same strain in dirt was 3/4.
Flyinghigh said:
So ur saying that with ur papays u give her full strenth of what FF says each watering.?
K2 only get say 1 tsp.?
Is N.L. a light weight or can handle full strenth.? I haven't been able to give any of my plants but low dose of F.F. every 2 weeks and still have the brown tip look, but that can be from my Abuse for the 3 weeks gone..

Thanks and will watch over the next grow as this grow is coming to a end.
I won't go away like I did for 3 weeks, but a week be fine.. Maybe!

Latest posts

Back