400 or 600 ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dontknowmuch said:
thanks all I guess it's a 600. THG my plans are to vent outside air into the space, maybe passive or fan, not sure. And under your advise I will be getting the cool tube, so just sucking air out through the cool tube and venting it outside or to another room should do the trick? Is it easy to hook the fan up to the tube and what type of fan and duct supplies should I be looking for. I wanna have the handy man come and drill my vent holes before I set up anything else. I would do it myself but afraid I would crack my stucco walls.

would the Digital Greenhouse 600 watt HPS Grow Light $199
on HTG be a good one and upgrade to cool tube or do you guys know other ones I should look at. Much appreciated

Inline centrfuge type fan (not an inline duct booster fan--big difference). Look for brands like Vortex, Can, Eclipse. You will also want a fan speed controller and a good quality insulated ducting. I use passive intakes with the fan pulling the hot air from the lights and exhausting it into the crawl space or under the deck, depending on season. You may also need a carbon filter.

ok so when I set this up I only need to suck the air from one side of the cool tube? and which side should that be or does it matter? I seen a vid where the guy has duct on both ends one with the fan sucking and the other end coming from a passive intake. Is that necessary?

On a seperate note what kind of hangers for lights do you all like?

dontknowmuch said:

That one is easy.....Pro Grip makes the best light hangers hands down in my opinion. You can get them on eBay or at most online hydro shops.
This is them>>> growwurks.com/progrip-heavy-duty-light-fixture-hanger-300-lbs-1-ea.aspx

dontknowmuch said:
ok so when I set this up I only need to suck the air from one side of the cool tube? and which side should that be or does it matter? I seen a vid where the guy has duct on both ends one with the fan sucking and the other end coming from a passive intake. Is that necessary?

There are different ways to do things. I have ducting from the intake side of my hoods that extends down near the floor where it can pull cooler air. The intakes are low on the wall and in the floor.

If the inlet duct is connected to an intake and you are pulling air from an adjacent room and exhausting it outside the grow space, you need another fan to bring fresh air into the room. Your plants need a continual supply of fresh air all the time the lights are on for proper photosynthesis.

Thanks Hemp, if I am intaking air from outside do I need to worry about bugs and if so what steps should I be taking?

dontknowmuch said:
Thanks Hemp, if I am intaking air from outside do I need to worry about bugs and if so what steps should I be taking?

Maybe some pantyhose over the intake outside?

Latest posts

Back