587,000 plants siezed in 96 fields!?!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Silver Bullet Special

Reaction score
hxxp://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/9491381/More-than-578000-cannabis-plants-uprooted-in-US.html

"The two-month enforcement operation, which began July 1 in seven states – California, Arizona, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Utah and Washington – was led by the nation's anti-drug and forest authorities.
"Federal, state and local law enforcement in the seven states have eradicated more than 578,000 marijuana plants from public lands. The DEA estimates the value of this marijuana to be well over $1 billion," the Justice Department statement said.

Most of the illegal plantations were discovered in California, where "at least 484,000 marijuana plants" were seized in over 96 fields.

"Huge amounts of trash, miles of irrigation line, and many pounds of fertiliser and pesticides were removed from grow sites on public lands," the department said. Weapons were also found.

Fourteen people were arrested and charged in the Eastern District of California in connection with the illegal crops."

My question is:
If that many plants were siezed but only 484,000 were illegal, why'd they take 90k legal plants?

The way I read it is

484,000 were in Cali and the rest were in the other states.

Plantations???? I didn't know they had plantations in California......I thought they were all in the south and dissapeared along with slavery.

I re-read it and yeah Duck, I think your right about the 484,000 being in Cali the rest in other states.

Lol Chubby. They might be calling them plantations because the size of the fields? I mean an average of 6100 plants in 96 fields is quite a number.

I'm sure there were quite a few Brimck, you know how the dea is all about the numbers.. I'm sure they'd take a few branches and shove em' in the ground just to raise plant count lol.

587,000 in 96 fields = 6,114.58 per field? Again, who planted them and who counted them?

brimck325, I think at least some of it is feral hemp.

Rexkwondo said:
WOW!!!! I feel overwhelmed with 12 plants
thats because youre taking care of them and loving them properly.
people planting like that dont care about anything but money. yields per plant are low and quality is very bad.

the real bummer, every yr i keep seeing is these messed up stats. if they pull this many plant worth million/ billion/ trillons ect. why dont they see the $$ they are throwing away & legalize the stuff!!! weve also found cures for cancer threw thc, but since someone aint makin $$ they wont allow it. some goverment people are smokin the wrong shat,

Latest posts

Back