600watts To Much?!? Apartment Growers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BuddyLuv said:
Nothing more scary then passing a cop with 20 clones in the back seat aye AID.
:hubba: definitly not dude.most of the plants ive always transported to the booneys were around 2 1/2 feet tall.up here its best to start em off indoors due to the fact huntings such a big thing up here and if your plant doesnt finish in time,you run a risk of a hunter finding it.you got alot of people that hunt illegally right b-4 huntin season to claim they got it on opening day.

jnyce1320 said:
Also Does Anyone Know About Camera Survalince Video Feed. Im Not Sure If It Was On This Forum Or Rollitup.org But I Stopped In On A Post And There Was A Guy That Had Video/pic Feed Sent To His Cellphone AND UPDATED EVERY COUPLE MIN And Even Posted The Video/pic Feed On The Post So Everyone Could Watch His Grow Live!!!! Can Anyone Help Me Find This Man Or Info On Video Feed Via Cellphone!!!!!! Im Interested In Video Feed.

I would be leery of using any kind of wireless anything in regards to pictures of my grow room. There are only so many frequencies out there. Someone else's something could pick up your transmission. We had cordless headphones one time that picked up cordless telephone conversations...

Mutt said:
I am an in an apt. I micro grow and guerrilla ONLY.
It's not so much power spikes. Your odor control better be spot on and so stealth that if maintenece walks in for an emergency or something, it can't be seen. 600W is risky in my opinion due to the size of grow a 600w would be.

If it's your own home, then those aren't factors. In my apt. complex I've had them in 5 times for plumbing and electrical reasons. I was here 4 outa the 5, READ your lease agreement and see what the rules are for entry to your apt.

Change your locks. that way you'll know if landlord is goin in behind your back as well.

I would go 250w max in apt. and just supplement my herb not go big like a 600w+ just due to the possible security breaches that could easily happen. (i would think about 400w but then fan sizes increase and so does overall white noise from the grow. things to consider as well is noise)

I run around 180W grow in the closet. The one place they have no reason to go in.

but to answer your question..a 600W on 12/12 wouldn't even raise an eyebrow to the power company...thats too tiny for them to even care. Thats not even a stereo left on all the time..mine pulls 800w. Just be energy conscious ;) Peeps get mainly busted for stealing power and company goes out to investigate the 4000kw+ power loss in area. :rolleyes:

Good luck and stay safe.

What kind of yields do you get from your 180w setup?

i seen that same post,it was in here.although he did,i wouldnt recommend posting the footage online.although you could record your growroom as a security measure

Forget the video feed.. do you really need to see the plants to know they're safe?

If you want professional security, get motion detectors right outside the grow room.

I've seen many home systems (for under 400$) that will call your cellphone (and not the police) when the detectors get triggered.

i get about 1/2-3/4 gram per watt.
MysticMan84 said:
What kind of yields do you get from your 180w setup?

i hate apartments. i ran a 400watt in my 2 bedroom and i was paranoid and had to shut down shop early and give the light to my friend.

my landlord/maitenance guys have come in here multiple times for stuff like changing the blinds, inspecting alarms, fixing fans, AC, disposal, etc.

apartments are sketchy for growing, there are many more eyes that may see you moving in a few lights or nutrients, etc.

i seem to remember when i first saw the game battlefield II...it prompted me to learn how to build badass gaming PC's. i built 3 of them for myself,..2 on my desk and 1 on another desk for friends to play on while we get high. i believe the PC's had power supplies that were at least 600w per PC ,1 of them was a 680w thermaltake PSU...i never turned them off and no one ever asked about my power consumption...moral of the story is...My video games use more power than my grow room ever did :D

215zealot said:
i hate apartments. i ran a 400watt in my 2 bedroom and i was paranoid and had to shut down shop early and give the light to my friend.

my landlord/maitenance guys have come in here multiple times for stuff like changing the blinds, inspecting alarms, fixing fans, AC, disposal, etc.

apartments are sketchy for growing, there are many more eyes that may see you moving in a few lights or nutrients, etc.

My maintenance doesnt do any of that stuff without leaving a notice. Only time they come in with a notice is to change the funrnace filter. If theres a problem with my a/c, disposal, or fans you have to call them yourself. Fire alarms we have to check them ourselfs, and i put up my own blinds haha. And again I will be keeping that bedroom door locked.

I guess it has to do with were you live. Some apartments have better management/maintenance then others so there going to shwp up all the time asking if everything is ok. Then there are some apartment complexes that are so small that have only 6 houses total and you never see the landlord unless you have a problem.

Latest posts

Back