About Time!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorCalHal

Reaction score
UPDATE: sb 263 passes CA Assembly by vote of 54-11 after 15 mins. debate (mostly on the 600-sq. ft. buffer, which locals can override.)
If signed by the Governor, the act would give the Department of Consumer Affairs the sole authority to create, issue, renew, discipline, suspend, or revoke licenses for the transportation and storage, (unrelated to manufacturing) of medical marijuana, and would authorize the department to collect fees for its regulatory activities and impose specified duties on this department in this regard. The Governor would appoint, subject to confirmation by the Senate, a chief of the Bureau of Medical Marijuana Regulation under DCA. The Department of Food and Agriculture would administer the cultivation, including a "trace and trace" program including transportation; and the State Department of Public Health would administer the manufacturing and testing of medical cannabis.
The bill provides exemptions for a patient who cultivates, possesses, stores, manufactures, or transports cannabis for their own personal use, or for a primary caregiver acting in accordance with CA H&SC 11362.765. It defines a tiered licensing system for outdoor, indoor and mixed-lighting cultivation, such as “specialty” licenses for farmers using 5,000 square feet of total canopy size on one premises, or up to 50 mature plants on noncontiguous plots; “small” licenses for cultivation between 5,001 and 10,000 square feet, and regular licenses for 10,001 to 22,000 square feet of total canopy. It also allows for nursery licenses.
The bill would make it unlawful for medical marijuana to be marketed, labeled, or sold as grown in a California county when the medical marijuana was not grown in that county. The bureau may establish appellations of origin for marijuana grown in California, and by 2020 the Dept. of Food and Agriculture is to establish organic farming standards. Pesticide regulations are also to be developed by Food and Ag.
Licensees will be subject to criminal background checks, and will be required to obtain a license or permit from the local jurisdiction in which they propose to operate.

FINALLY!

There is finally going to be a "pretty" clear set of rules for the California Medical Marijuana Industry. I am super excited!
I am surprised at what they are going to allow in regards to garden size. 22,000 sq/ft of indoor canopy is awesome! They are considering that a "regular" size garden. They have not released what they are going to consider a larger canopy size.

I have been following this for a while, and there are more hoops to jump thru to get the licenses then what this article states, but it does legalize large scale growing throughout the State. Each county and City can still ban it if they so choose.
I am unfortunately in a county that will most likely be one of those that will ban it, but I am ready to move to where I need to.

After 20 years of legal medical marijuana we finally have a Bureau of Medical Marijuana Regulation.

The excise tax was rejected, but some of our representatives will try to tack it back on.

Part of this excise tax was proposed for public safety.(Law Enforcement) Will we really need more law enforcement NOT to arrest people for cannabis? They will say extra money will be needed to handle the increased public intoxication and crime. What a bunch of **.

With the prospect of legalization in 2016 we have shown we can put forth an infrastructure to support it.

This is a great milestone!

Welcome to da club. Leer jets and Teslas won't be too far away. All a write off.

and by 2020 the Dept. of Food and Agriculture is to establish organic farming standards. Pesticide regulations are also to be developed by Food and Ag.

YES!!!! Thanks NCH, great news.

Don't forget many states still want to make felons out of us.

:48:

Latest posts

Back