added 18 plants NEED Advice for how i Re-build my grow room

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

420THChef

I just added 18 or so plants to my collection and i need to re-design my grow closet right now lol, so LEt me know what you think, here is what im working with :):holysheep::holysheep:

2011-02-17_13-53-20_684.jpg

2011-02-20_17-46-21_620.jpg

2011-02-20_17-46-26_820.jpg

2011-02-20_17-47-00_626.jpg

2011-02-20_17-46-47_833.jpg

2011-02-20_17-47-13_27.jpg

How much space are you going to have for your plants?

How many bulbs of what wattage are in that 175 watt fixture you have?

What type of bulbs are they? I couldn't read the writing on them in the pic.

So, Including the clones in the humidity box and the ones rooting in the hydro bucket, There are about 40 or so plants, there is one sun system 175 watt light and another special fluro with ott bulbs my mentor gave me, along with some show and grow bulbs and like 120 watts of 4X 4' fluro's.
mylar film around the whole thing, a big 20 inch fan hanging from the top that gets circulation to all the plants. check it ouuut!!

2011-02-20_20-47-23_944.jpg

2011-02-20_20-45-56_190.jpg

2011-02-20_20-46-03_445.jpg

2011-02-20_20-46-09_93.jpg

2011-02-20_20-46-14_921.jpg

2011-02-20_20-46-20_133.jpg

2011-02-20_20-46-55_861.jpg

What is the exact square footage of your grow space?

420THChef said:
about 22 square feet

you are going to need "in excess" of 1000 watts of HID lighting for that area.
"5,000 lumens per sq. ft." is the minimum recommendation for flowering. Better start saving that lunch money!..;)

I'm with Hick. The first thing you are going to need is way way more light. Light is about lumens. Check the lumens on the bulbs you are using and I believe that you will find that you are far short of what you need.

The next thing you are going to need is an exhaust fan. When you get the light you need for the room, you are going to need a good centrifuge type fan for exhaust. Look into Vortex, Can, Eclipse, etc. A 6" will probably do with a 1000 HPS. A large box fan will not do the job.

I do have to say that IMO it is a mistake to even pop one seed unless you have a ready space to put them in. Also, I would never put that many plants into 1 space. I have a space 3 x 6.5 (19.5 sq ft) that I run 2 600W HPS. I don't put more than 8 plants in that space. More plants in a space does not mean more yield. There is no reason to jam more plants than will comfortably fit into a space as it is not going to give you more bud. Yield is pretty much a factor of strain and your lighting--given your light and your space, you are going to yield x number of grams, regardless of the number of plants in the space. When you start getting your plants too crowded, none of them receive adequate light and you can end up with light airy bud. I would recommend culling out some of the smaller weaker plants so you have a reasonable number to work with.

Do lotsa homework man. Its hard for us to tell anyone what to do when they just show up and shrug and say, "I need advice" without what seems like too much knowledge on the subject. The more knowledge you gain by doing research, the more everyone else can help you, otherwise, people are going to have to write a book just for you, which ain't gonna happen. Growing is a big investment and take alot of work, which is something which smacks alot of people in the face because they didn't do their homework.

Do you know what kinds of lights you want to use? cause what you have aint gonna cut it
Do you know how you plan to ventilate? cause your plants need fresh air
Are you going to have a perpetual grow or flower all at once?
Is your room completely light tight?

I could keep asking questions all day, but I gotta do some work. Basically its gonna be hard to help you because you have not presented a vision of what you want. Go around the sight, read the "Stickies" posts on the top of most categories, get a vision of what you want your grow to be. This way the help you receive will be much more focused and actually helpful.

Dont worry, you have some time, those plants won't bush up overnight. Check out some grow journals on the sight and look at the setup of the experienced users here and get some inspiration. Take your time in making a well planned out growroom, it will pay off for you in no time at all.

Sorry guys I wasnt looking for advice because I didnt know what to do, I was just seeing if I would spot a innovative idea from the response.

We have equipment for like 300 plants, but this is a control crop

We have 10 in flower, 42 in veg, 15 being cloned and rooted and 2 being germinated. All fem's

Sensei Star, Afgooey, Space Queen, UK Cheese and Blue Dream.

Latest posts

Back