Adding CO2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Worm

Reaction score
does anyone have any helpful advice on how to add co2 to my garden? My garden is 4'x8' and very well ventilated. A co2 tank would probably serve me best, but I'm clueless on how to install/monitor.

IMO adding a Co2 tank is not necessary unless you don't have good fresh air flow or your rooms temp is very high! I believe if your grow room has an exchange of air 3-5 times a minute you should be fine without Co2 at least I've never had the need for it, but thats not to say it wouldnt improve my grow I just don't see the need! Another problem with Co2 is trying to keep it in your room without exhausting it! These are just my opinions by no means are they written in stone.

Phatpharmer

Good circulation is more than suffecient for smaller gardens. CO2 can absolutely boost yeilds but more specifically on larger gardens that may burn through the C02 around them. I have heard of many growers using C02 tanks and burners very successfully even adding 30% to the crop. At 1200 to 1700 ppm plants thrive! Most hydro stores in person or online sell C02 monitoring and releasing units - some digi - some simple gauges - but all work great and you usually pay for it. C02 injection systems can get expensive. I myself run C02 occasionly but I would recommend only tackling this if you feel confident in most other aspects of growing. Good luck and let us know how things pan out.

How much light are you running? What are your temps? Do you have the ability to make your grow airtight and regulate the ventilation?

I find most new growers would benefit more by adding more light and dialing in the rest of their grow, rather than try and create the unique conditions that adding CO2 to a grow entails.

Unless you are ready to redo your room to make it air tight, I would not bother, if you got good ventilation. By air tight that means wrapped in plastic or something comparable that will not let air leak in or out, mechanical vents that can be opened and closed automatically depending on when your fans come on. The regulators and tanks or burners also cost good money. Just a bunch of hassle if you already have good ventilation. But a lot of growers like to use it and have the extra cash to do it and they do report increase in yields.

what about this

CO2 for about $1.67/day!!! (when used every other day).

Excellofizz is perfect for the grower who has been considering the use of CO2 but has been hesitating due to the high cost factor, or for growers in a small area. Try Excellofizz for 1 month during flowering and see what a difference CO2 makes.

Excellofizz is designed for the smaller indoor grower. It allows a simple and economical way of providing accurate CO2 to your plants with no equipment needed for dispensing or monitoring, especially in situations where venting is limited. Excellofizz emits the proper CO2 levels for indoor plants by reacting and giving off pure CO2 gas and also absorbing oxygen from the air. Simply place one of the Excellofizz pucks into the container provided. Pour 2-1/2 ounces of water into the container and leave the lid open slightly. Excellofizz will then slowly react emitting the proper amount of CO2 gas for approximately 5 hours into the photo period. Excellofizz will then continue to increase CO2 levels after the reaction has completely subsided by absorbing oxygen from the air.

Each puck when reacted will emit enough CO2 gas in a 10' x 10' area to raise the level by approximately 1600ppm. This will give a total of 1900-2200ppm for optimum growth. Each Excellofizz Kit comes with 15 pucks.

NEW! Now with eucalyptus. This refreshing and uplifting fragrance is sure to enhance your growing pleasure and will cover unwanted odors. Eucalyptus also kills airborne bacteria and dispels mites.

NEW!: Excellofizz pucks are now 20% larger and last 3 hours longer (total of 8 hours), and will now treat up to a 10' x 12' room.

Latest posts

Back