Adding Lights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoldenMcGroin

Reaction score
Haven't posted in a while & it's good to be back.
I'm wanting to increase coverage and yeild. Right now I'm running 1 400 HPS for flower and in the market for amother light. I HAD planned on another 400 but after browsing, I'm leaning toward the 600 (best bang/$?). Anyone foresee any coverage problems with the 2 diff Wattages?
Also a question on CO2. Never used it but I'm seeing here that it increases yeild & bud density. The grow room is a dedicated room but is right down the hall from bedroom (I like to be close to my girls!). Any personal risk (e.g. DEATH!) from either misuse or the dispensing system f*cking up?
Thanks in advance.

I also have a 400w HPS, and I started adding UVB cfls. I saw that video "UVB, Thc, and Me" I think it was marijuana man doing it.

I too was gonna add CO2 to my next harvest. But I wanna dial everything else in before going there. You have all the other logistics down? PH, nutes, temps, lighting, etc. If so and you have a sealed dedicated room, do it. Room must be small for that amount of light. If that small, forget CO2, just exchange the air in the room 3 times a minute.

I started out with a 600 watt digi ballast and then added a 400 watt standard ballast and used them both in my 3rd grow...it worked out well...

quick question is light more important in veg stage of flower stage I think I know the answer just wanted to hear more ppl thoughts

I think it is important in both but if I had a very limited budget I wld put my money into the flowering side...you can get away with vegging under CFL's or floros but the Flowering always seems to go better with an HPS over the cheaper cfl's and floros.....

I agree that the flower is the more important of the two. I used 4' garden gro lamps for a while before switching to t5s. They worked fine. The 400 finished them off.

nouvellechef said:
I too was gonna add CO2 to my next harvest. But I wanna dial everything else in before going there. You have all the other logistics down? PH, nutes, temps, lighting, etc. If so and you have a sealed dedicated room, do it. Room must be small for that amount of light. If that small, forget CO2, just exchange the air in the room 3 times a minute.
I'll go w/the air changing. Besides, you're right about the room size. MUCH too big!
:holysheep: WAT was I thinking? (BIGGER BUDS!)

Latest posts

Back