Advice from the Cali growers-powdery mildew

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmansweed

Owner/Operator J and J Organics
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals, I recently moved my "career" to Cali. I'm a commercial style soil grower using pro-mix with strict organic practices. My intake and exhuast are carbon filtered. I'm adament about cleanliness and have no problems with insects and generally no problem w/ disease. Unfortuneatly, I had to purchase clones (from a great dispensary in Oakland) and in came powdery mildew. I noticed none initially but by the end of my first harvest here it had invaded certain strains, mainly Sour Bubble. My production numbers were cut by almost 40%! I seem to have it under control w/ various Neel oil and baking soda sprays but I'd like some experienced advice on preventative measures and some methods for holding it off in the future. I'm going to primarily use strains that are not suseptable but none the less I need a little help.

I see you learned your first lesson. Club clones carry Powerdery Mildew. Period. Everytime you buy them, just realize that they are infected. Harborside is having a big issue with this.

Do not fret. It can be beaten.

Home cures and "old skool" tricks do not work, imo. it may slow it down, but not eridicat it.

I use this as soon as I get the cuts home. I make a 2 gallon mix and dip the entire plant (except medium) in it right off the bat.

"Schultz® Garden Safe Fungicide3 is completely non-toxic to humans, pets, birds and other animals, and it is harmless to beneficial predator insects that visit treated plants. It is gentle on the environment, too, biodegrading into harmless components in 2-3 weeks."

Next, get a Sulpher Burner. Use it after about a week of "dipping" your clones. Everyday, 45 minuates a day for 2 weeks.

Do a search here for Sulpher burners to get more info.

Yep, at the very least, quarintene the clones for a few days and spray well. I learned the hard way and brought spidermites into my grow area. Big bumer too.

NCH, Is there a link here bout "powdery mildew"?

Thanks for the info guys. As far as sulfer burns are concerned - How far into flowering can you use a burner? And what alternative methods would you rocommend in keeping mildew at bay during flowering? Thanks

watch the humidity. I never get mildew. But the guy I got my bubblegum from has it on all his plants..Mine is golden. But his are inside and its too much humidity for them. between that and the lights you get mold. icky. he plans to sell that **** anyways too. be careful what you smoke I guess.

Humidity runs consistantly less than 50%. Mold doesn't appear the issue, but the powdery mildew sticks around here and there. I try not to tolerate any on my plants. The problems not serious but I don't like having the mildew at all. Has anyone heard of sistemic method - something I can add to the soil?

Latest posts

Back