Air-Pots: anyone use them?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey mojavemama,

those pots look nice.expensive but nice.
ya ever see root trapper 2 pots? XXtp://www.rootmaker.com

these work wonders also and are much cheaper cost wise and not quality wise.the whole grow bag root prunes and not just certain area's.

have a wonderful nite

was gonna say Umbra is the only one i know uses them, and he loves 'em. hmmmm...

them air pruning bags ,they work wonders.

i wonder what a massproducer bucket would do if lined with felt?hmmm?

have some holes drilled in the bucket all over?air exchange.

i was thinking about doing something like that ,but just stuck with the old way and learned how to water correctly.theres not a whole lot of info on the stuff. you have to really dig for it. i know a lot of nursery's use them.

IRISH said:
was gonna say Umbra is the only one i know uses them, and he loves 'em. hmmmm...

I got the idea from some breeders I met. Elite used 'em, as well as a few others. They take a little getting used to them, especially when you pour some water in them and all the water leaks out the sides. :rolleyes:

fort collins ak-47 said:
them air pruning bags ,they work wonders.

i wonder what a massproducer bucket would do if lined with felt?hmmm?

have some holes drilled in the bucket all over?air exchange.

I do both ..and IMO..it wouldnt improve the mudium...the airpots are disigned to allow the roots to hit the hole and force back in ..if used in the mass bucket..defetes its purpose..I like these and work well..i just didnt care for the mess it makes in my shed..I have the 1 gallon ones..

Umbra..How do you keep the mess under control..I was useing bins to help ..but have since been use the grow bags,,,

mojave...I am not sure you would like these there in Desert..they dry very fast..just my thaughts Girl..:48:
take care and be safe everyone heres where i got mine...hXXp://www.growers-inc.com/air-pots.html

4u2sm0ke said:
I do both ..and IMO..it wouldnt improve the mudium...the airpots are disigned to allow the roots to hit the hole and force back in ..if used in the mass bucket..defetes its purpose..I like these and work well..i just didnt care for the mess it makes in my shed..I have the 1 gallon ones..

Umbra..How do you keep the mess under control..I was useing bins to help ..but have since been use the grow bags,,,

mojave...I am not sure you would like these there in Desert..they dry very fast..just my thaughts Girl..:48:
take care and be safe everyone heres where i got mine...hXXp://www.growers-inc.com/air-pots.html

Well when I water I stick the whole thing in a bucket. Top water and let it run out and sit in bottom of bucket and then let it bottom feed. Most of the soil that leaks out is in the bucket. The rest of the time I use a shop vac.

Thank you so much, everyone, for this most valuable feedback!
I am very intrigued by the concept, but also listening to 4U and considering my unique extremely hot and arid climate. I may just get a few to try them out for fun. See if I can wrap them with wet newspapers and make them work here.

Fun stuff, and thank you again!

personally i would line them with a coco mat. general hydro or somebody like that

Would they work with ready-gro in an ebb&flow setup?

norcalhal was talking about using them with a drip recic with rockwool in a 4x4 table, so i guess something might work

mojavemama said:
Thank you so much, everyone, for this most valuable feedback!
I am very intrigued by the concept, but also listening to 4U and considering my unique extremely hot and arid climate. I may just get a few to try them out for fun. See if I can wrap them with wet newspapers and make them work here.

Fun stuff, and thank you again!

You are my Hero..Mojave...:heart: you grab a few and run them and Let us know okay? They may work great ..what do i know...lol..i know i tried them for my self as I do everything..;) ...take care and be safe Girly grower:48:...oh...did ya get that Vape fixed?

Latest posts

Back