Another noob searching for help! Pics!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ytrew

Reaction score
I am new to growing. I have read to my eyeballs hurt before I started. My wife finally agreed to let me cause I said it was safer then buying. I rushed it before she changed her mind. Please look at my setup and give me some hints.

Cabinet-6 foot tall by 26 inch wide plastic cab, lined with foil. 2 cfls 150 watt each in the clamp lights and 3- 24 inch floresents with plant/aquarium bulbs 1 on top, 1 on each side.
Miracle grow moisture control potting soil.
Seeds, ownknown from a bag of Regi I got.

Pa134602.jpg

Pa134604.jpg

Pa134605.jpg

Pa134603.jpg

Pa134609.jpg

DSC01120.JPG

Pa134606.jpg

Pa134608.jpg

Pa134607.jpg

Not a bad setup, the lighting will do you for now, and as far as the aqaurium lights, can you find out what spectrum are they? (color)
i would add another fan at the same level of the plants and kep it on constantly.. Good Luck.. :aok:

lfloresent bought at wally world f20t12 750 lumens. ecolux by GE.

PLANT & AQUARIUM LAMP For plant & aquarium use- wide spectrum Medium BiPin - T12 (G13) bulb Medium bi-pin base F20T12/PL/AQ PLANT/AQRIUM LAMP SIZE:20 Watt LENGTH:24"

i have a fan at the very bottom of the cab, not shown. misc vent holes in top and sides.

will it grow to full maturity if left like this?
right now, lights on 24/7.

you could get a decent yield if not a small one, if you double or triple the lumens when you go into flowering it will help you out a LOT!! how long u planning on vegging for?

you might wanna transplat them seedlings to there own pots b4 there roots get tangled up. defenate for more lights, try here www.htgsupplr.com you can get some flurecents from there for cheap. Loos the foil, get either mylar or black/white poly. both will do a good job at reflecting, i use the poly.yea you can grow to maturity, but again more lights will give you better results, and you might have to tie them down unless you can lower the rack they are sitting on. any other "q" jus holla

really good points Blunt.. what he said....:aok:

i have no idea how to veg, all the threads confuse me with different things. What i got out of it all is wait till it gets about 10 inches high and with multible branches and then start the flowering cycle by cutting the lights to 18/6. i wasnt going to add and nutrients because the miricle grow says it feeds for three months. maybe someone can give me a schedule to grow these, feeding, etc.

i can lower the rack all the way down to about 5 feet. question, how many plants could i grow good in this. 2,3,4,8? What would be the smallest pot you recomend. dont keep three in one pot like it is? if you look at the pots there the type that auto waters.

the vegatation period is just where the plant grows out its leafs bro , and obviously flowering period would be where they make your buds, i dont care what soil you are using growing marijuana bro mj will just **** all those nutrients right out the soil maybe look at fox farm grow big and tiger bloom lights look alright for now...............and to start the flowering cycle bro you go to 12/12

so you say veg till the plants are 8-10 inches high then wait an additonal month then flower? how many plants would you grow in this box? separate the plant in there own pots?

by the looks of it 2 - 3 plants max 3 really pushing it if they get bushy..

i got $600 in this setup, what yield can i really expect out of 4 plants. these are cheap bagseed. $600 would by alot of cheap weed!

yeah, 600 will buy alot of CHEAP smoke. Look at it this way, if you can grow four in there, even with two, over the long haul you can grow many times over for your initial 600 bucks.

thanks. in trying to learn the grow thing: i am confused on getting female versus male or herm. I know that around here "crypt weed" has no seeds and are smooth. The regi"cheap weed" is full of seeds. I guess this is a male plant or a herm. is it possible to grow a female plant with this bagseed? When i can tell the sex of the plant, if i find a male, do i throw it away or or just smoke the leaves? if i let the male grow it would ruin the female, etc? This cheap weed thats around and comes in bricks is it all males?

you only smoke the female. Thats where the budz come from. It may be crap weed, but if you grow it right it will be better then then the stuff you bought. if it's a male (les jus hope not) then get rid of it quick so it wont pollenate you female and then you get seeds. you dont want that.Ne seed = more THC!!! and thats what will make it better then what you buy. Good Luck

It will all come togather for you. Looks like your off to a good start. One very important thing i have learned is PATIENCE!! Don't make the common first time grower mistakes of trying to make your plant grow faster or be perfect.
I watered to much added the wrong or to much nutrients. Once you start to have problems it can throw you all off. Don't be scared to ask questions. There is a lot of experienced people on this site thst will help you with your grow. I got so much needed help and advice on this site. Ask those questions and you'll get the right answer

GOOD LUCK

Latest posts

Back