another one of my "quick" questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chubakkaz

Learner
Reaction score
can someone link me or tell me if there's any major store like walmart and crap that sells PH control equipment, I know its a rule :hitchair: to keep the PH controlled and my babies are 2 weeks old and Ive still not purchased any PH messure equipment.

I know where I can get the messuring thing, but where and what should I buy what is known as ph up and down. I have a soil grow.

here is a good place to get your hydro supplies i don't think they are the cheapest though nationalgardenwholesale.com

Canso, how much should I dilute into a gallon, or something.

You can try a pet store. If they sell fish and fish tanks, they should have some ph balancing solutions there. That is where I use to go to buy mine. I noticed when I used the vinegar to lower my ph, my soil would just wreek, an aweful smell.

Chubakkaz said:
Canso, how much should I dilute into a gallon, or something.

sorry, I thought you were looking for PH up and down.

What you are talking about are "buffers" which would be best bought from a hydro store.

If you are using a comercial soil like Sunshine mix or Pro mix, they have buffers added to control PH.

yes I was looking for PH up and down, im just wondering how to put it in, do I just spray it on my soil? lol

Put it in water, then check ph. Get around 6.5, water plants, and enjoy.

Yeah, I do that stuff all the time cause some of my plants like it a little on the high side, and some prefer it low. I found that I can use a bubbler for a large aquarium, and I use a plastic 55 gallon barrel. I fill it with water check PH add what needs to be added and bubble away any chlorine or cloramine.
The water comes up pretty quick to room temp. This really helps alot.
I grow orchids, african violets, bromiliads, and epiphites. Assorted fruit trees, and Gardenias as well as rhododendrins. and you guessed it MJ, but I'm used to growing that outdoors. Never had a problem growing outside.
smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

how does the bubbler get rid of the chlorine?

and thanks again for an awesome reply.

Airation helps to cause the chlorine to evaporate out, but chloramines have to be buffered out. So I do both airation and chemical treatment, most information as to what is in the water supply can be obtained by contacting the local water dept, and just asking for a water report as to what it's treated with, and you can find your Ph right at home by yourself, if asked why you want to know, just say your considering an outdoor pond for fish.
smoke in peace

KingKahuuna

Canso said:
vinegar = down
baking soda = up

vinegar yes for down but IMO for the up use some dolamite lime ti will bring it up just fine :cool2: and these are used in water (vinegar) 1/4 teaspoon fro a gallon of water and use for waterings till gone, the lime can be mixed depending on what form you get it in. Just follow the directions on it.

were i live they have a hydro store and ive lived hear all my life and did not no it was hear ,,so my point is try the yellow pages if u haveent already and see if u got any hydro stores our mabey a nursery our something u can go to a nursery our somethin like that and im shure if they dont have a ph kit up and down they can order one for u

For a different smell..... a good PH down is Lemon Juice.... also to dechlorinate the water, there is a product called De-Chlor, usually comes in a blueish-green squeeze bottle from pet stores..... I think it is one drop per gallon and that makes the water loosen it's bond on the harmful chlorine almost instantly....But if you dont want to add that, then yes, aeroate the water good for about 24 hours and the chlorine will be gone also.

Latest posts

Back