Anti Virus ~ AVG Free.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mal_crane said:
AVG is only decent catching worms and well-known virus. It's TERRIBLE catching trojans and lesser-known virus.

I repeat TERRIBLE!

I swore by it for almost a year and never had a problem and then one day my computer just slowed to a crawl even on high-speed internet. My father builds AND fixes computer when he's not at work, so I took my computer to him and had him use his virus/adware/spyware/trojan/worm custom software and he found 3 viruses matching definitions already known by AVG, 12 viruses not matching anything found in AVG's virus definitions, 200+ trojans, and 50+ spy/adware files. And Adaware is supposedly one of the best for adware?? Yeah right guess I learned my lesson with that program too.

Needless to say, he hooked me up with some of the best software I've used so far. Now I use: Avira AntiVir Personal set at a custom level, Comodo Firewall Professional set at custom level, Spybot Search & Destroy set custom, XP AntiSpy set custom, and I still use Lavasoft Ad-Aware set to work with the other programs rather than on it's own.

:fly: Mal C :fly:

Nice but all those programs are eating up ur CPU, Unless u play games then i guess thats not an issue

PC Cillin does it all. I have not had a Virus or Trojan in years. But to each his own. Thats what makes the world go around.

Latest posts

Back