any ideas?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Funkfarmer

It's growing like a WEED!
Reaction score
does anyone know where to buy fabric with various microns to make a collection screen for hash? I looked around on the net but had no luck.

Check your local area for folks that print T-shirts. They will probably have some scrap silksceen laying around.

but dont you need different microns of screen?

yeah agreed! me and my friend have gone to the local "print" store to get some screen and were really nice about it

Original post by Hick

bubblebgs microns..
#1 blue 220
#2 green 190
#3 red 160
#4 orange 120
#5 yellow 73
#6 white 45
#7 purple 25

the #1 bag filters off nearlly ALL of the vegetative material, each progressively smaller screen yields a slightly different grade of hash. The 'best' usually found in the 73 or 45 micron.. IME

"Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way. I've traveled a long way, and some of the roads weren't paved"

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/Site_Rules.html
Site Rules.. Please read 'em..

ahh. my town dont have leca, hydro things, not even for hash, so what I did was gone to thift store, look for drapes, it work for me.. I even got hash micro bag out of thift store for free!

smoky anda bandit said:
but dont you need different microns of screen?
Yo hman, What?

I thought you wanted to know the different microns needed to make some bubble bags. That was just a repeat of a repost made by Hick....

bubblebag microns...
#1 blue 220
#2 green 190
#3 red 160
#4 orange 120
#5 yellow 73
#6 white 45
#7 purple 25

the #1 bag filters off nearlly ALL of the vegetative material, each progressively smaller screen yields a slightly different grade of hash. The 'best' usually found in the 73 or 45 micron.. IME

"Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way. I've traveled a long way, and some of the roads weren't paved"

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/Site_Rules.html
Site Rules.. Please read 'em..

thats the prob, ive looked at silk screen fabric and the like and there is a limited micron count with those fabrics.

Well if its any help, I've just been using 2 bags. The 220 and the 25. Yeah you can use a lot of different bags and get different "qualities" of hash, but ya know.... its a lot easier to just use the 2 bags. It tastes good, it gets ya stoned and ain't that the point? There may be some foreign material in it, but really, I don't care. It works. Good luck and good smokin......

Thanks hman, ive made iso and it was killer but im a little concerned about the residual chemicals, so wanted to try a diff method.

I hear ya..... bubble's as clean as you can get. Well, unless you count the inevitable small amount of trash you get with it, but at least its a natural trash! If I can spot any silk screen online, I'll give ya a heads up.

try searching for "wire cloth". I think it's used in food grade filteration systems, too (might search for that.."food grade filter")
It ain't cheap, but it sure should be 'durable'... ;)

btw.. "thread count" and "micron" size are totally different measurements..

IMO you cant make anything as good as bubble bags even at the price they want for them.
I bought bubble bags and have never looked back.

The problem with contructing your own is the mesh or silkscreen will need sewn into a water tite bag of some kind.

when you lift up the bag you need the water to run out of the screen only not the sides of the bag.

Hey growdude, i was going to do it similar to panning for gold, know what i mean?

Latest posts

Back