Any mid-westerners?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohninWI

Reaction score
my uncle and I are kicking around putting a few well-rooted clones out on his farm this summer. The problem is-we live in WI! The spring frost date you can plan on pretty well, but you never know how soon you get frost in the fall.

Anyone have experience in this region? Rough estimates for harvest dates, strains... We were thinking, it wouldn't make sense to take the risk, only to havest some premature swag.

I moved outa Wi in '91 and I would say GROW INDOORS!! How bout them PACKERS!!!

Oh man--Wisconsin is STILL nuts over the Pack.

We were hoping that with clones, they would be put out already at full sexual maturity, and in theory they could finish in time (ie mid/late Sept.).

So I would grow them under HPS for a good month at 18hr/day, put them out some time in May.

I don't know--last summer I saw some busts on the news, about 100 miles north of where I am.

The thing that is going to make this hard is that in my (ok, very limited) experience, the real "magic" happens in the last week or two before harvest. I had to cut my last indoor crop about 2 weeks ahead of schedule. The buds were covered in crystals and resin--but they were perfectly clear. I kept the harvest, but it's barely worth the trouble to smoke any! I'd hate to go into fall with some beauties, only to have them freeze 2 weeks from perfection.

More of a question than anything... But... Why not do a medium sized Auto Flowering run?? They dont take much soil at all, they come in lots of different flavors if you will, and some strains are fast to finish. The reason I say maybe do an Auto seed run, is you would have plenty of time to get a seed run and an outdoor harvest in.

As well as being really fast, some strains stay really small. Like at or under 30 inches tall, so they are super easy to hide. You could plant a few here and there , and have the possibility of a good sized stash for this winter.

But I personally would think that some of the Auto strains, would be an almost perfect fit for what you described.

Best of luck either way!! Cali :fly:

we were thinking of trying and auto strain, but I already have a few hundred dollars worth of seeds from my indoor work. It might either be an autoflower, or even some thing like "BC Early Skunk". A local guy told me it finishes in time.

gotta listen to the locals!!

born and raised cheez head here!

we used to get alot of northern lights outdoors pumpin into mad town right before the halloween parties!! :banana:

Latest posts

Back