Anyone else with this mentality?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ganj

Reaction score
Is anyone here anti-alcohol but pro-marijuana?

Back not too long ago, I was pro-everything. I drank all the time, got high all the time, and tried different other drugs from coke to random pills. I cleaned myself up from alcohol and the other drugs, and the only things that I will do now (aside from cigarettes, which I've been trying to quit for about.. well, since I started :p) come straight from the ground with no human altercation. Pot and shrooms are the only drugs that I want to do anymore these days, and I'm perfectly fine with that. While in arguments, I explain why pot is SO much better than alcohol, I won't actually be heated about the situation until someone actually puts down me or marijuana, which somehow happens a LOT in weed vs. alcohol arguments.

Well, I can't call myself anti-booze because I do drink, but I am very aware of the fact that it's a horrible substance and serves no benefit, unlike herb.
So I guess I am with the mentality but don't actually live it!

Haha well hey, as long as you know it, man! Like I said, I don't look down on anyone for what they do. I got alcoholic friends, coke fiend friends, pill poppers, blah blah blah.

I'm with ya, haven't used alcohol in many years, beensmoking mj many more years

never drankin and dont plan to im with ya i dont do anything that isnt made naturally but i dont think ill ever try tabbaco or shrooms either just weed for me to much chemicals in other things to easy to get addicted to other things im not and dont think i can get addicted to weed i havent smoked for 2 weeks and fell no eurge to either but yea ill still smoke every once in a while i just stoped buying and selling

Haha DON'T get into cigarettes man, especially if you spend a whole day high. After I get high, I feel cigarettes taste sooo good, and end up smoking way more cigs than a sober day.

i smoke alot of weed and because of that ive never wanted to drink alcohol and i dont thik i ever will i dont care if other people drink but marijuna is better for u anyway so figure wats the point i geuss drinking just isnt for me

1 thing I learned long ago--you can't trust an alcoholic. Same with a tweaker, junkie, dope fiend of ANY kind.
I know several people who used to be a BLAST to hang out with. Then they became substance abusers.
Since I had known them for decades, and had such pleasant past memories with them, it was tough to cut them out of my life (although I wish I had done so earlier).
For instance, 1 guy I knew since he was like 8 yrs old, in a alcohol-fueled rage, ripped off the $2,000 sound system out of my van, which I had just purchased 2 weeks earlier.
Another one normally wouldn't want anything but beer. Problem was, after he had a few beers in him, crack, PCP, ice, etc. seemed like a great idea. He'd spend the entire weekend wasted, and sneak home to his wife at 2 a.m. Monday morning, having blown his entire paycheck on dope. After he did this numerous times, the final straw for his wife was when he spent his entire paycheck PLUS his sizeable x-mas bonus on junk. A week later she moved out, he got fired from a DAMN good job for showing up late too often and he was homeless and penniless.
I gave him a break and let him stay with me, as long as he attended AA. He went for about a week, then just pretended to go but instead was back to his old habits. After I noticed things missing from my house I kicked him out. He went to stay with another old friend and ended up stealing that guys car and getting in a wreck with it.
No pot-head has ever done shit like that to me.

All I'm gonna say on this drinkin subject is. Every time I had a run-in with the law I had alcohol in me.

Yeah i don't drink, plus it's true that marijuana is better for you, so i probably won't ever really get into drinking

yes both my parents were drunks ,,they loved me ,never beat me,but that is why i see alcohol evil ,it stole my childhood from me ,,,,i truly think my life would have been diff if they smoked weed ,and not drank ,,,but i could be wrong ??????anyway,, be well ,RASTA

I quit drinking in 1989 and never looked back. I still enjoy the taste of a non-alcoholic brew on a summer day. I also quit smoking dope at the same time. (Tossed the cigarettes in 2000.)
In 2003, I was having a yard sale before I moved from CA to the Southeast. A couple of ex-students of mine came by and wanted several items but didn't have enough money. They asked if I'd consider some weed instead of money. Oh, hell yeah. Turns out it was lousy pot but since then I've gotten into a better grade with other friends and also started growing again.

I guess most of us have a friend that drinks too much. When I got settled in after the last move, I hooked up with an old friend I used to smoke and drink and play music with. He had since gotten a job that drug tested him sporadically. Because of this, he quit smoking dope and turned to booze. His rationale was that since he couldn't smoke, he'd turn to the only "legal high" he could. He was your typical drunk -- claimed the booze didn't affect his driving abilities. We've all seen that. He wrecked while drunk and nearly killed his wife. After she was finally released from the hospital, he had to stay home and be her nurse for over a year (karma?) because she was bedridden. After that, he had 2 DUIs in a few months. All of this he blames on the company that drug tests. Anyway, he is such a mess that I can't/won't spend any time with him. He's just a shell of the great guy he used to be.

What the hell was the question... oh, yeah. Is anyone here anti-alcohol but pro-marijuana?
For my personal use, I am anti-alcohol and pro-pot. Drinking has been around forever (so has the ganja weed) and either is okay if done in moderation.

Latest posts

Back