Anyone heard of or use colchicine?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueNose

Reaction score
Anyone heard of it?

hxxp://www.arthurleej.com/MoreHerbalScraps.pdf

"TT"

After reading the thread on ethylene gas I started looking for more info. and came across this section on page 8

"the cells in plant roots doubled after colchicine solutions were applied"

Page 16 goes into rooting
"A study was done at the Boyce Thompson Institute on rooting substances. It found that potassium salts or talc gave better rooting than the well-known growth hormones"

Page 17 (paragraph 4)talks about ethylene

A mutagenic agent to be handled with extreme care. Used for reversing to create selfed seed.

Ethelyne gas is used to ripen tomatoes that atre picked green in other countries and shipped elsewhere.

Do not do the same things to weed that we have done to our food supply...please.

The Effen Gee said:
Do not do the same things to weed that we have done to our food supply...please.

Wasn't planning on it, just curious of the results if anyone has tried it. Ethylene is only a small part of the posted link. I was more interested in the rooting part of the book, some of the rooting hormones from other plants sounds very interesting....and not dangerous lol

Willow water in my opinon is the best hormone one can use, and it's free.

That's mentioned in the book as well. Sounds more like something I would like to use rather than store bought stuff

Willow water works so well, I have not used any other hormones in years.

This thread caught my eye, but reading the post seems totally different than what i expected. About a month ago, my doctor tried relacing my indocin with the drug colchicine for acute gout flare ups.
Long story short. I had a gout flare and took this stuff. Man, it made me soo sick, thought i had the flu- i was calling what i had "the flout"(flu and gout)--i quit taking it and the flu like symptoms went away-it was nasty(at least to my system)
But from the post i've read, my experience really isn't of matter here

i think i read while reserching whorled phylotaxi/polyploid MJ and i believe it was in that arthur dudes MJ botany he talks bout how some use it to induce polyploidy in MJ plants. but use it in treating the seeds prior to germ an not the plant.

Yeah, that's right, I remember now. You have to soak the seed in it. And it is dangerous to humans. Hmmm I think I would use some other method. Like colloidal silver, easy enough to make.

Latest posts

Back