Anyone top their plants?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fimming is a method similar to topping. We basically interrupt the natural flow of growth hormones. When we "top", the hormones (called auxins) are distributed into the lower portions of the plants growth tips forcing a more bushy structure.

To "fim", you neatly slice only the very top growth of your growing tip. This creates a cluster of growth tips to form, which then essentially become a cluster of branches. In my experience, "Fimming" typically does not develop an incredibly organized looking plant but allows for multiple tops.

This might help visually........

hXXp://forum.grasscity.com/plant-training/122559-how-fimming-topping-made-easy.html

Depends on the strain, and your grow room. I have plenty of headroom but on most strains I still top them, fimm them and lst. I tend to veg a lot longer than most people do though. I would much rather have a nice full bush than a beanpole. However with some strains topping is not a good idea. For instance my Chronic I leave untopped so as to produce 1 main cola rather than a bunch of smaller colas, and I don't veg as much growing this strain in a more sea of green method. On the other hand on my critical+ I top the heck out of it, fimming, topping, low stress training, all to produce a wide bushy plant with a whole bunch of colas. Different strains require different treatment. Just get to know your strains and what they respond to the best for your situation.

just because I can.

Latest posts

Back